Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slow On The Uptake!

I have always struggled to see the screen clearly on a bright day and having looked at the handbook see that "day/night mode" will change dependant on the position of the headlight switch.This has never happened since I bought the car and wonder what I am missing.Have read and read handbook and fiddled in the car but there is always one display.

Is one dark and one light and which is which?If one could be dark during the day this would be a bonus!

I have always struggled to see the screen clearly on a bright day and having looked at the handbook see that "day/night mode" will change dependant on the position of the headlight switch.This has never happened since I bought the car and wonder what I am missing.Have read and read handbook and fiddled in the car but there is always one display.

Is one dark and one light and which is which?If one could be dark during the day this would be a bonus!

If I have understood you question

1. Headlight switch set to AUTO on the stalk ensures that if the surrounding light is below a set treshold, the headlights will come on

2. Next to the ODO button you should find a swtch that can be clicked and allows the illuminance intensity of the instruments to adjusted - if the switch is clicked so that it is in the adjustment mode you will find that the adjustment in 1 above will also control as to whether the Sat Nav screen is in day or night mode.

Besides the above you can also set the colours of how the maps are displayed - cannot remember the menu off hand.

Hope that helps.

Tony

There are a whole set of parameters you can change on the satnav display by accessing the settings menu,which includes alterations to the day and night screens separately and change their colours independently..Also you can adjust the brightness and contrast of the display in general.

have you tried these adjustments?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links