Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oh So Close

I’ll make this quick as I know this subject is being talked about a lot on here and can become boring but this time it’s the petrol mpg not the diesel. I had to go to London and back yesterday (433 miles round trip) and achieved 39.8mpg. I’m sure if I knocked 5mph off the cruise I would have made 40mpg easily. Only concession I made was that I didn’t use A\C as it wasn’t really required, how much difference this makes I’m not sure.

I’m well pleased anyway.

I’ll make this quick as I know this subject is being talked about a lot on here and can become boring but this time it’s the petrol mpg not the diesel. I had to go to London and back yesterday (433 miles round trip) and achieved 39.8mpg. I’m sure if I knocked 5mph off the cruise I would have made 40mpg easily. Only concession I made was that I didn’t use A\C as it wasn’t really required, how much difference this makes I’m not sure.

I’m well pleased anyway.

The AC will make a difference...

On my jourmey I recorded 46mpg with AC and it went to 49mpg without...I reckon 10% or so...

They used to say that Diesels were on average 10mpg better than petrols...but a 4 pot diesel v 6 cyl petrol? Well, at this rate I'll be back to the competition before much longer...

I’m well pleased anyway.

On my jourmey I recorded 46mpg with AC and it went to 49mpg without...I reckon 10% or so...

They used to say that Diesels were on average 10mpg better than petrols...but a 4 pot diesel v 6 cyl petrol? Well, at this rate I'll be back to the competition before much longer...

can you tell me what fuel you are using - i was told by the dealer that BP gave you better MPG than Shell!!

or is this another fob off!!

cheers

I’m well pleased anyway.

can you tell me what fuel you are using - i was told by the dealer that BP gave you better MPG than Shell!!

cheers

Sainsbury's cheap and nasty low sulphur

cheers

I’m sorry I have no idea. I filled up in Morrison’s Totnes for the trip up and at Membury services on the M4 on the way back. I have no idea what either of them uses. Come to think of it I just double check that it’s unleaded and not diesel and stick the hose in the hole. Never look at what brand it is, never thought about it until now.

Just remembered, I “think” there was a yellow petrol icon on the Sat Nav for the M4 services. So if you know what fuel company is symbolised by yellow, its them. I think it was yellow anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links