Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Trakc Use/warranty Debate

Mitch

have you read the issue about some car manufacturers voiding yours cars warranty if you have usd it on the track and something goes wrong??

BMW say they void it as did mitsubishi (stupid really considering they make the amazing EVO)

where do lexus stand on this?? a question maybe more for chris shipley

oh yeah one more thing. on the same topic porsche made a statement saying that they could tell how many standing starts you have made, how fast you have travelled and how much you have red lined each gear etc just by checking the ECU

is this true????????????????????? does ity work for all new cars or are they jus tellin lies to put ppl off.

if it is true could you not just take the ECU out for 30minutes to reset itself (heard of ppl saying that not sure if it works)

i know of certain american cars being corvette i think that have a simillar device to the 'black box found on planes

It's all madness isn't it. Having watched a recent Discovery Channel programme on F1 where the BMW engine guys were saying that they wouldn't be happy if thier engine could do 300 miles because its designed to JUST do 200 miles and then fall apart. Me thinks they have gone for the same policy on the M3, I have heard loads of stories of engine blow-ups and failures of the SMG.

I'd guess Lexus wouldn't have a problem with track days because their product is build for quality not speed.

BTW Mr Wheeler at TVR has embarassed BMW on this issue, because despite a reputation for frailty TVR are honouring their warranties even with track use. If you can't stand the heat BMW get out of the kitchen and quit telling us how fast the M3 goes around the Nurburging.

yeah another good point dazza. why do they tell us the track times and top speeds they have achieved around the circuits and then not allow us to use them without fear of given them a couple of grand if something goes wrong.

yeah heard bout TVR........ good on them

I'm sitting on the fence also looking at the other side (bearing in mind my profession)

As soon as you go on the track you are putting the car under a lot of stress and abuse, which standard and most modified cars are not designed for.

I can understand why the manufacturers do not want to pay for someone else's abuse, but it is of course unfair to use a synical marketing ploy such as showing standard cars on a race track etc, to sell cars and then moan about it when there customers go out and do that.

In my view TVR are exceptionally brave - I'm glad I din't have shares in them :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links