Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another Headunit Question!

ray1301

Is there a Lexus headunit that will directly fit an year 2000 Altezza????

I have read lots regarding this, amps, no amps,,,,, toploaders and bottom loaders,

But I am still none the wiser.

Please help me!!!!!!!

Does anyone have the IS200 and Altezza pinout diagrams????

Thanks in advance. :hehe:

Ok ... first thing is look behind your glove box to see if you have an Amp..... if not things are very easy as you can get a simple Toyota wiring adapter and use this to connect an aftermarket Headunit with no hardwiring needed....

Well thats all i had to do.... :winky:

btw .... the UK S model is 200 dosen't have an Amp either

Ok ........... well finding out if you have an Amp or not will go a long way towards finding a replacement.....

Headunit with the CD loading at the top are the ones to look for.....

If it turns out you don't have an AMP then a unit from a base UK IS200 ( S-version) should be your best bet ..... although i am not 100% as i went for an aftermarket unit.... :)

The UK lexus head unit is a direct swap for the Jap unit - but you have to make sure you have the correct version for your car.

As has been mentioned, you need to find out if you have an amp or not in the Tezza. It's behind the glove box, fitted to the left hand side wall of the car. Its silver aluminium, with cooling fins - dead easy to spot.

If you have an amp, you need a stereo from either an SE or Sport model. If no amp, the head unit has to come from an S model.

There are also 2 versions of the stereo - there was a face lift in 2001, and the stereo was changed. The position of the CD loading slot was moved from the bottom to the top (or maybe the other way round - can't remember exactly). Anyway - you need to make sure the head unit you buy has the same location of the slot (ie from a pre 2001 car).

There are plenty on eBay all the time - they go for about 150 to 200. Make sure they don't have the Err 3 error - it's a costly repair.

Hope this helps

The UK lexus head unit is a direct swap for the Jap unit - but you have to make sure you have the correct version for your car.

As has been mentioned, you need to find out if you have an amp or not in the Tezza. It's behind the glove box, fitted to the left hand side wall of the car. Its silver aluminium, with cooling fins - dead easy to spot.

If you have an amp, you need a stereo from either an SE or Sport model. If no amp, the head unit has to come from an S model.

There are also 2 versions of the stereo - there was a face lift in 2001, and the stereo was changed. The position of the CD loading slot was moved from the bottom to the top (or maybe the other way round - can't remember exactly). Anyway - you need to make sure the head unit you buy has the same location of the slot (ie from a pre 2001 car).

There are plenty on ebay all the time - they go for about 150 to 200. Make sure they don't have the Err 3 error - it's a costly repair.

Hope this helps

I've got a IS200 top loading headunit from a 2001 Y reg, i bought the unit as mine was showing the ERR3 problem but it wouldnt fit because my original unit was bottom loading. I should have checked but i bought it and now i'm stuck with it.

If you want it £200 and it's yours.

PM if intrested.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links