Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Way To Buy Is250

ianpye

Hi All,

Had a IS200 as a company car a few years back and really liked it, company would not let me have another so had a 3series instead :(

Now its coming up to renewal time again I really like the IS250 Sport and am thinking about the best way to purchase/contract hire. The options I have are

1. Lexus Finance

2. Provecta Car Scheme

3. Lex Hire

What thoughts do other members have and how did you go about getting your Lex, are there any other ways.

TIA

Ian

I pondered the vary same...in the end took the cash in lieu and bought it on HP with a cheapo loan (straight HP).

With a Co car, you lose an allowance, pay company car tax, and over 3-4 years, it can actually cost you as much or even more than the purchase price of the car. And then you hand the keys back and start again...similar (though no tax liability) with Contract or Lex hire...

OK, you don't have to pay maintenance costs Insurance and servicing, road tax etc on some of these.

This new IS should be worth at least 55% of it's value like the old one was at 3-4 years with sensible miles on the clock. That means up to £15k, and surely it won't cost that much to run it yourself??

You can try and wangle a free servicing deal sometimes if you buy outright.

And if you do buy it (take the cash in lieu), you can run it for 4, 5 or 6 years, and that's when the benefit increases significantly. Also, you can buy an exdemo, save a few grand, and bung a Private plate on it...who'll ever know how old it is...?

But it does all depend on your personal circs - how big a budget/allowance, tax bracket, mileage etc...

For me, the maths proved that the company car route or even possibly a PCP would have been too expensive...especially with thise "balloons" where they charge the interest all the time on the whole lot...

Hi All,

Had a IS200 as a company car a few years back and really liked it, company would not let me have another so had a 3series instead :(

Now its coming up to renewal time again I really like the IS250 Sport and am thinking about the best way to purchase/contract hire. The options I have are

1. Lexus Finance

2. Provecta Car Scheme

3. Lex Hire

What thoughts do other members have and how did you go about getting your Lex, are there any other ways.

TIA

Ian

Ian

I recently got myself a IS 250, and i bought it on Lexus finance, had a decent size deposit and arranged payments over three years at £250 a month, There is a residual/baloon at the end of approx £10k its unlikely ill pay the balloon more than likely i will just return the car. If i return the car it means i will have been basically leasin the Car for the last three years.

Believe me you cant lease a lexus like mine for anywhere near £250 a month. I think Lexus finance is a good idea but do your homework first, get a few qoutes and asl Lexus to match or better it, which they will.

Thanks guys, i like the idea of owning the car at the end, just found out that provecta charge 1500 acceptance fee, robbing b*******

Does Lexus finance allow HP on ex demo cars, so get the car cheaper, pay a monthly fee and then a balloon payment at the end?

Hi All,

1. Lexus Finance

2. Provecta Car Scheme

3. Lex Hire

TIA

Ian

I would strongly recommend using Autoebid. I managed to get a big discount off list price that way.

Mark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links