Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk1 Gs300 Sport Brakes

Tron20

Ok, sorry if this has been posted before, but i've just spent 20 minutes playing with the search function and not finding anything on them...

Anyway, the problem I have is I've recently taken my caliper off on the drivers side, and taken the caliper bracket off to clean it up and regrease the sliding pins. Now I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but one of the pins on each brake round the car has a little rubber o-ring on it, it sits in a recess. Ok, I thought, be easy to put it back, however, when you try to slide the pin back in with the rubber o-ring on it, it just slides up the pin leaving the pin loose in the caliper bracket. I've tried and tried to get it back in, even applying a little bit of grease to the rubber o-ring to help it slide in, but no such luck.

So in the end I left it out. however since then I've had a clunk occur on the front brakes, presumably my drivers side, but only when you've gone backwards and applied the brakes (say in a car park) then driven forwards and had to apply the brakes fairly sharply. Suffice to say it sounds like the wheel is gonna fall off or the suspension is collapsing.

Does anyone know how to get these o-rings back in? I know they are fairly important since I now have a knock which I didn't before, and I suspect my dad's GS430 might be missing these little o-rings aswell, as that clunks like mad.

Paul

Ok, well for anyone who looks at this in future who like me wasn't sure how to get the little black o-rings back in, I've replaced them with new ones. They cost £2.64 each from lexus, which is a little extorsionate, but considering my old ones had swelled preventing the pin from sliding in and out easily , it was worth changing it. The new ones are a tight fit, and once the get to the recess in the pin sit snuggly and don't move when you attempt to fit the pin back into the caliper bracket.

I've not road tested the car yet as I have the other front brake to do yet, but I'll let you know if its cured my clunk.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links