Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Does It Work Getting A Loan Car When Your Car Is In For Service?

Hi guys,

I've had my car serviced the last 2 times by Lexus, but both times they didnt have a loan car available. Do you have to book a certain amount of time in advance? Both time I've had the services done i was in a hurry, so couldn't wait. Do you get to pick the loan car? Or do they give you what ever they have lying round? I know some of you have had the new IS and Gs300s. I wouldn't mind a go in a GS, but im more interested in the IS250. My car isnt due for a service for about 4k, so how early do I have to book?

Also with the test drive thing, how does that work? Are they picky about who they give the cars to? The thing thats concerning me is Im only 23, and not loaded. Do they have to have a deposit or anything? And is the car covered under they're insurance? Depending how much I can save I may be in the market for a used new shape IS at the end of the year or start of next. I'd just quite like to try one before I save up to make sure its gonna be worth eating gruel for the next 9 months,lol. I don't know what to try, the 220d or the 250, Obviously my heart is telling me 250, but head is saying 220 for the running costs. But looking at all the problems the early 220d have been having with their consumption I'd rather have slightly high running cost than loads of hassle. And I dare say the 250 won't be any worse than my current 200. I really like the idea of a 250 Auto Sport.

Cheers

Gazza

Coventry give you what is available, but since an autobox is better for me at the moment they always try to supply an auto. Recently I have had IS 250 top spec, and RX 400h top spec. If you tell them you need a loan car when you arrange the booking it shouldn't be a problem. Insurance can normally be done in two ways.

1/ Their insurance, normally with £500 excess.

2/ Your insurance if fully comp, but you may have to pay an admin fee to your insurers depending on the T&Cs of your insurer.

Why not call in at your local Lexus dealer and discuss it with them?.......You have nothing to lose by asking.

I've always had a courtesy car, as long as you book about a week in advance they always have one available. Has always been an IS250, sometimes SEs, sometimes SE-Ls, and if you want something in particular then they usually can accommodate it, especially if you show that you're potentially thinking about buying something.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links