Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Integratipn Vais, Dice, Dension Etc - Which Is Best

Has anyone done any comparisom between Vais, Dension, DICE, GROM and OEM?

So far the differences I have managed to work out are:-

OEM does playlists only and you cannot control the Ipod manually - all others allow a simple mode where you can use the ipod scroll wheel and the car stereo controls (to a limited extent) but on the DICE this can only be set with dip switches the others allow slection on the headunit.

The dice appears to be unique in that you can set an artist then see the albums for just that artist but potentially has problems when the Ipod goes to sleep after 10hrs.

Dice and Vais both support MP3 mode

The Vais can give srcollable lists in MP3 mode - not sure about the DICE

The Vais is the only one to allow selection of audiobooks & podcasts BUT has a bug with audiobooks in that when ignition is cycled they restart from the beginning. Note others can handle audiobooks & podcasts but they need to be put in playlists.

Dice adds an extra Audio in jack socket

Dension & Vais can have their firmware upgraded

Would love to hear comments on the Dice & Dension units

Stephen

For Lexus the Vaistech does appear to be the best unit I've come across. My brother has a dice unit in his BMW and it doesn't appear to do all the stuff it promised to do at the outset (especially regarding video, that doesn't seem to work at all)

For Lexus the Vaistech does appear to be the best unit I've come across. My brother has a dice unit in his BMW and it doesn't appear to do all the stuff it promised to do at the outset (especially regarding video, that doesn't seem to work at all)

The Vais is unusable for me as I have a 160gb ipod with literally hundreds of albums so trying tro find a specific artist/album to play is a real pain. I also listen to a great deal of audiobooks and thanks to those resetting to the beginning when you cycle the ignition that too is unusable.

Have no interest in video.

rgds

Stephen

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links