Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got A Great Deal On An 08/09 Sat Nav Dvd

Just picked up a new 08/09 Sat Nav DVD for Western Europe off eBay. Looks like the seller is in Greece and had to by the full four disk set in order to get an update for Eastern Europe. They were selling all three disks other than Eastern Europe.

Picked it up for £35 inc p&p. Looking at past auctions I should get up to £30 for my 07/08 Western Europe disk so, all in all, very happy :)

Malc

Just picked up a new 08/09 Sat Nav DVD for Western Europe off ebay. Looks like the seller is in Greece and had to by the full four disk set in order to get an update for Eastern Europe. They were selling all three disks other than Eastern Europe.

Picked it up for £35 inc p&p. Looking at past auctions I should get up to £30 for my 07/08 Western Europe disk so, all in all, very happy :)

Malc

That's a good buy. I have just ordered the new DVD from Lexus, £144. I'm happy to pay this as it includes the firmware so you can change destinations on the move.

Apparently future Lexus models will do away with DVD based sat nav, the maps will be stored on a flash drive and updates for maps will be part of the cars service, that will be better.

Yep a very good buy, especially as that's the disc that gives you the access while moving as above - worth a lot more than that imo!

Apparently future Lexus models will do away with DVD based sat nav, the maps will be stored on a flash drive and updates for maps will be part of the cars service, that will be better.

True, the LS and new RX I believe already have the hard drive based system, although I'd be shocked if the updates are free of charge........

Yep a very good buy, especially as that's the disc that gives you the access while moving as above - worth a lot more than that imo!

True, the LS and new RX I believe already have the hard drive based system, although I'd be shocked if the updates are free of charge........

I'm sure there will be a charge too, it should be a lot cheaper than current update DVD cost, I hope, otherwise pointless to a degree.

I'm sure there will be a charge too, it should be a lot cheaper than current update DVD cost, I hope, otherwise pointless to a degree.

Fair point, you didn't actually say they would be free, that was my misguided assumption! I guess from their point of view the added benefit may be that you wouldn't be able to use copied DVDs, but there is a benefit from our side that the HDD based systems are usually a bit quicker than DVD based.

Got my 08-09 disk and you can now enter destinations whilst in motion though I'm not 100% convinced that's a good idea :unsure:

Anyway, if anyone's interested in an 07-08 Western Europe DVD its on eBay HERE

I'll take £27.50 for it

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links