Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Illumination Button Lights Out After Stereo Change

After fitting new lcd screen and stereo I've lost the illumination lights for all the centre dash button lights.

My model is a 1993 UCF11 LS400.

They come on when switching to tail or main beam, but are not. :tsktsk:

I've checked the wiring and all seems fine.

Checked the main Panal 15amp fuse and that is ok with current flowing through it.

Also have checked the rheostat control box(Got cont&curr) all ok and the operation of the rheostat dimmer.

Dimmer light on main dash and green LED button lights work fine, So I think my problem is elsewhere.

Anybody had this and cured it.

Is there a wire from the old stereo connections(3 in all) that have to be fitted as only used one connector/wires from old stereo.

I'm stumped after all last weekend checking the car.

After all the good replies I've had, NONE :whistling: .

I've managed to sort this problem out. Had a hint from steve in a previous thread about a wire from the later ls model.

Searched the whole net and the other lexus sites with no answer but stating the same problems.

Steve mentioned a light source to the AC?heater control unit. This white/green wire was from the main factory power source plug which you don't need to power the aftermarket stereo, But you do need to reconnect it to the large white plug into pin 13(Brown) to power the illumination of the ac/heater in the dark. Please note this will only power that set of night time running lights.

That is the big mistake a lot of other ls owners got themself's into. As read many threads with only half of the buttons illuminated on the centre dash.

There is another illumination light feed from the same main factory power plug(green wire with brown rings on it) which must also be connected to the larger white factory plug which has the orange wire coming out of it. It's about four spaces to the right of where you've connected the white/green wire into(pin 13). This feed will then power the heater seat buttons, headlight washers etc.

With the power aerial I could not get to work off the power source of the aftermarket stereo so pluged the black wire into the RED ACC to work off the ignition key. Just a quick go at getting to work, My try again at later date.

IF this information has finally sorted out your button illumination problem then just leave a thanks message.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links