Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing Low Beam Bulb

Hi ,

Can anyone help, just try to change the low beam bulb on my is250sel 2006, but just find it impossible to even get my hands in the gap, manager to unclip the light cover, that was a struggle. I gave up after 30 min but i couldn't get the cover back on. Looks like a dealer job unless one of you guys got better solutions.

Any comment, suggestion welcome, as i can't belive I'm struggling to change a light bulb... :whistling: .. It sort of remind me of the joke how many people do you need to change a light bulb. :)

many thanks bruce

best to take to dealers be much easier but if you still want to try, drivers side should be simple theres plenty of room to move about. however the passenger side is tight on space. you first need to undo the bolt holding the washer fluid filler nozzle in place. that will allow you to move it around giving you a bit more room, but its still going to be tight. took me 1 hr to just to put the covers back on. the other way is much more compicated and involves taking off the front bumper and removing the headlight units.

I managed to do mine without removing bumpers or lights, but it is fiddly and time-consuming. Some cars are far worse though - I think there was a feature on Top Gear a couple of years ago about changing a headlight bulb on a Renault Megane - it took an AA mechanic about 45 minutes... My son owns a Renault Clio and I replaced a headlight bulb on that - in the end the only way to get it clipped in was to removed the bumper and the headlight. :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links