Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Morning everyone,

I am new to the forums and new to Lexus ownership 🙂 Recently got myself a Lexus GS 250 (2012 Luxury ML) with about 76K miles on it and full service history from Lexus. Enjoying it so far. Is there anything I need to look out for from a maintenance perspective going forward or any recommendations please do let me know. Glad to be part of the forum and hope you all have a great day ahead. 

IMG_7643 (Edited).HEIC IMG_7676(1).HEIC IMG_7696 (Edited).HEIC

• Like 2

Hi Lycan

Great choice of car there! Virtually identical to my GS250 Luxury with a tad over 70k on the clock. Gave mine a good wash, polish and wax today. Have to say the quality of paintwork on these cars is second to none. 

As far as maintenance goes, in 6 years of ownership all I've ever done is have it serviced by the main dealer. They actually aren't as expensive as you may initially believe. Only bits I've had to replace have been consumables like discs and pads. The electronics and mechanical aspects have been absolutely rock solid. 

They really are an extremely well built and superbly engineered car. 

I'd like to think both of our cars have plenty of life left in them without needing anything but standard servicing. 

Cheers.

DSZ_0485.jpg

DSZ_0492.jpg

DSZ_0516.jpg

• Like 1

Nice car! I am wondering how it drives compared to 450h GS, I understand that GS faster but handling wise, it should be more agile  would think.

What mpg can you get out of these engines, on a run? My average with 450h was 35mpg over 4 years. 

Thank you guys. Also that is a beautiful car superatticman. I see from the service history that the last owner (1 previous owner) did all services from Lexus with the last one being a 100k/10 year service (When the car was at the 70k miles). I assume this is a major service. My intention is to continue doing main dealer services. Do I just do 10 year / major services from now on out (next one at 80k?) or alternate between intermediate and major services at the main dealer every year / 10,000 miles? 

Fuel economy wise I live in the city and have not done a lot of highway miles yet but seems to average around 26-30mpg or thereabouts for mostly in town with some dual carriage way driving that I have done in the 1-2 weeks I’ve had it. I will do a proper run of it over the next few weeks and come back with an update. How much should I expect on average mileage wise? 

Overall seriously impressed with the refinement of this car and comfort. I have driven a Honda Civic in the past as well as a Ford Explorer (Dubai) so safe to say this is the first car of its kind in the UK and so far it feels so good to drive and handles impressively. 

• Like 2

On the motorway I tend to get between 38-42mpg depending on conditions. That driving at 70mph. 

The 2.5L V6 isn't a particularly economical engine for its size as its an early 2000's design. However its tried and tested and extremely reliable. Don't be slightly alarmed if it sounds slightly diesel like, especially when cold. That's how they all sound. Injectors apparently. 

On 4/24/2024 at 8:21 PM, superatticman said:

On the motorway I tend to get between 38-42mpg depending on conditions. That driving at 70mph. 

The 2.5L V6 isn't a particularly economical engine for its size as its an early 2000's design. However its tried and tested and extremely reliable. Don't be slightly alarmed if it sounds slightly diesel like, especially when cold. That's how they all sound. Injectors apparently. 

That sounds good to me 🙂 Solid engines as well. Oh while I remember, is there a way to update the map on my car? Seems like the software version is nearly ten years or so out of date on it. Since there is no CarPlay or android auto available (unless there are options to get this setup somewhere using aftermarket units or kits) as far as I can tell 

4 hours ago, Lycan said:

Since there is no CarPlay or android auto available (unless there are options to get this setup somewhere using aftermarket units or kits) as far as I can tell 

I've used this crowd a couple of times for map updates which seemed a respectable deal - others are available. Seems new maps for the earliest of the Gen 4 GS have stopped now, but you can get updated to 2022/3, which is good. I've idly wondered about installing a BeatSonic, Grom, or Carlinkit kit to get CarPlay, but not taken the plunge. Lots of chat about those systems on clublexus

On 4/26/2024 at 12:01 PM, HensTeeth said:

I've used this crowd a couple of times for map updates which seemed a respectable deal - others are available. Seems new maps for the earliest of the Gen 4 GS have stopped now, but you can get updated to 2022/3, which is good. I've idly wondered about installing a BeatSonic, Grom, or Carlinkit kit to get CarPlay, but not taken the plunge. Lots of chat about those systems on clublexus

Thank you I will look into those options. Probably just the map update will suffice for now anwyay just so I don’t get caught out by the new road changes and bus gates around town 🙂 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links