Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Advice On Coil Packs

Lexusis200UK

Hi guys,

I've got a 2005 IS200 2.0SE and the car is misfiring, I've had the sparks changed but still no luck, my friend has a Toyota Previa 2.4 VVTI Petrol on a 02 plate, his Previa is a right off, I was wondering if It was possible to put his coil packs in my lexus? I want to avoid paying £118 to Lexus for one coil pack, I have found them a little cheaper on the net for around £58 (copy parts), my mate will give them to me for free, will they fit? I haven't taken his out yet so I don't know what they look like. If they do fit will they damage anything due to the fact is not a Lexus part but a Toyota Previa part, most of the parts on my Lexus (in engine) all have Toyota stamped on them. Im going on a bit now :shutit: Just want to know if they will fit and work and if they will do any damage?

Thanks in advance for your replies and look forward to hearing from you.

hi there mate,

sorry to hear your car is missfiring. is the engine light on mate? if yes have you got it checked out with a obd reader?

i dont think the coil packs are the same. i wouldnt pay £118 for coil packs. just buy used ones on eBay will do the same job mate.

hi there mate,

sorry to hear your car is missfiring. is the engine light on mate? if yes have you got it checked out with a obd reader?

i dont think the coil packs are the same. i wouldnt pay £118 for coil packs. just buy used ones on ebay will do the same job mate.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. My engine management light is not on, I have a slight misfire when I put my foot on the accelerator and uphill. There is a slight hesitation when I put my foot on the accelerator. I have changed the plugs with no luck. Its very hard to find Used coil packs even on eBay they sell only new.

Thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links