Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing Interior Bulbs - Can't Get The 501s Out!

Hi all,

Anyone ever replaced the 501 bulbs in the main interior light that comes on when you open the door?!

There are 3....I can get the middle one out but the other two on the left and right seem stuck in and won't come out!

Anyone managed to do this?!

Kind Regards, Harmeet

Hey Harmeet

I have done mine its very simple you will need a pair of needle nose pliers and some thick double sticky tape, wrap the tape around the pliers and make sure you have a firm grip on the bulb and it should just pop out but please be careful not to smash the bulb cause then your screwed getting the rest out. Hope this helps

sdc10062k.jpg

Ginndo

Hey mate thanks for the reply, so I have to actual grip the bulb with pliers? Debated doing that but really worried it might shatter and then I will be screwed!

Also is there an easy way taking the actual cover off etc without damaging the fascia?

Best Regards. Harmeet

Yep grip the bulb as near the base of the bulb as you can and make sure you use a thick double sided sticky tape and needle nose pliers and give a bit of a wiggle and it will pop straight out make sure to apply abit of pressure but not to much, I had the same problem as you I could not get the two bulbs out. To get the cover off I used a small flat head screwdriver I got mine from a party cracker, just be gentle and ease it off.

Yep grip the bulb as near the base of the bulb as you can and make sure you use a thick double sided sticky tape and needle nose pliers and give a bit of a wiggle and it will pop straight out make sure to apply abit of pressure but not to much, I had the same problem as you I could not get the two bulbs out. To get the cover off I used a small flat head screwdriver I got mine from a party cracker, just be gentle and ease it off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links