Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlights Building Up With Condensation

John G

Hi John,

I had a similar problem on a Merc Sprinter a while ago.

All I did was take the plastic cover off the back of the light (as if you were going to change the bulb) and then drove around for a few days with the headlights on to make sure the inside of the lens was totally dry.

I put the cover back on and Hey Presto...the light fogged up again! :tsktsk:

I just left the cover off from then on and the light never fogged again.

I don't know what the back of the IS headlight is like so this may, or may not be a useful post. :unsure::blush:

Redsteve.

didnt i read somewhere you can put some of those sillica sachet things somewhere to draw condensation out the unit ? or was that foglights

where would you put one though, and wouldnt it come back as soon as you removed the sachet

no sorry cant get the link to work-pcs not my strongpoint-easy search tho-it sounds as if theres foam pads in the lights which are accessible when you take the headlights off

edit - link works now

how did you get on ? failing any repair if you get as far as replacing the units i would have a look at finding a pair of later spec projector/hid units which i baelieve go in with a little bit of work and would bring it up to modern spec-lightwise - you will need to research how hard this is to do as i dont really know but the lights themselves shouldnt be too hard to source from a breakers yard

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links