Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well picked up my IS220D today from the dealers, got it home and noticed in the boot that it is missing a cover that goes over a recess in the centre of the boot above the spare wheel. There is a printed label in the boot about using the cover but we didn't get one :( I have phoned the dealer but they said the car didn't come to them with one so basically tough. I have also phoned Lexus but they wanted a huge amount for one. Anybody know where one is available or where I could get one without paying Lexus premiums? The inside of the boot is finished in a dark grey.

On a different note the car is a great drive and lovely and comfortable, exactly what I was hoping for.

Thankyou for the help.

Hi Ro1, I bought the car used and the dealer says tough :(

I have the boot carpet and tray that sit over the spare wheel, the bit I am missing is the foldable cover that sits over the tray moulded into the boot carpet. Hope that made sense? If it wasn't raining heavily I would take a picture.

Thank you.

Are you missing the tray that sits between the spare wheel and the carpet of the boot?

Did you buy the car new or used?

So I guess you're effectively left with two trays embedded into your boot with nothing to cover them? It's amazing how much some simple parts for the Lexus can cost. Have you tried searching through breakers yards online?

That pretty much sums it up mate :( On the plus side I still have the plastic divider that seperates the trays :)

I have tried all online breakers I can find and checked for 220/250's being broken on eBay but no luck so far.

Hopefully someone will have a spare cover kicking about??

Cheers.

So I guess you're effectively left with two trays embedded into your boot with nothing to cover them? It's amazing how much some simple parts for the Lexus can cost. Have you tried searching through breakers yards online?

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the situation with the missing luggage load cover.

After numerous phone calls to the dealer and a lot of promised return calls that never happened I finally went back to the dealers in person and expressed my concerns in front of a few of their potential customers. I was polite but firm and they finally ordered me a replacement from Lexus at a total cost of £253 including the VAT. I picked it up last week and now really pleased which is a good result.

I also phoned Lexus as I have a bad rattle on the drivers door, they have booked it in for tomorrow :) They asked if there was any other noises in the cabin but I couldn't tell them as my door rattle is that bad its difficult to hear if there are any others LOL. They said they will do all the rattle fixes they know of on the car :) They even said they would do them even if the car was out of warranty, but it isnt.

On a more disappointing note, the missus took the Lexus to work today and kerbed the osf alloy :( I have looked at eBay but can't find anyone selling just one wheel? Anyone got a standard 16 inch 220D alloy lying around they would sell us?

Cheers.

Another update. I got the car back from Lexus with rattle fixes completed :) I have tried it this morning which is when the rattle was at its worst and it seems to have totally gone :) I am over the moon and finally starting to enjoy having a Lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links