Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Towbar Electrics

Hi, I'm a newbie to this, so apoligies if this is not the right format !!

I have fitted a secondhand detachable Brink bar to my 2004 LE which also came with a car specific wiring harness and relays. The harness plugs into the original light sockets and the earth is picked up on a dedicated connection in the nearside boot panel. The relays require a 12v supply to operate correctly.

Can anyone tell me the best place to pick up this supply, as there does not seem to be one available at the rear of the car?

Thanks.....

Can anyone tell me the best place to pick up this supply, as there does not seem to be one available at the rear of the car?

I followed the instructions that came with mine which involved taking the wire along the left-hand side of the car, through a grommet in the bulkhead and into the engine compartment where it attached to the small terminal linked to the Battery. I can post some photos if it'll help.

Some pics would be a great help

The cables (I have more than one cable because I have both a 12N and 12S socket) travel from the rear of the car to the fuse box in the passenger foot-well where they connect to fuses. The cables from the other side of the fuses enter the engine compartment and join the Battery.

The first image shows where the cables connect to the +12 on the Battery terminal:

IMG_0241.JPG

The second image shows where the cables enter the bulkhead though a hole pierced in a rubber grommet:

IMG_0243-rotated.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links