Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Starter, Tyres Question

ComfyCruiser

Hi,

My first post since buying my first Lexus car, picking up on the 8th

______

To introduce myself:

'06 IS220D SE-L Multimedia 41k on clock (wish I was more daring or better off enough for a newer one but is perfect for what I need and want)

I am a B(E)MS engineer (Building (Energy) Management Systems), drive about 25k a year, varying, about half, amount of train travel into London which helps keep my mileage down a fair amount . my average travel is about 1h:45mins each way, so comfort I found is a key factor.

Wanted a comfy decent car with everything the ISD offered, so loved it from the first test drive!

______

Anyway, i'm told, comes with pretty crap tyres, and I am after the following points to change to after, please advise:

- a good mpg,

- fairly good mileage

- low noise not a must but the lower the better,

- price always a factor, but not the be-all & end-all,

- all season a factor too as weather earlier this year kinda highlighted the Michelins on the sporty stiff Audi I had befores weaknesses (although that was FWD)

I am thinking a Michelin Energy, but as I said the Michelins may not be the best choice for me.

I have a good friend who is a tyre man, contacts etc, so might be able to help some of you get a good deal in the future

Look forward to asking for your guys help in the future, and hope I can contribute.

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

only advice i could offer would be to pick up a cheap set of wheels and have winter tyres put on them for when the snow comes as apparently they make progress possible - or buy a 4x4 like me in the winter - your main summer tyres im sure plenty of people will chip in with their various experiences of tyre choice - welcome to the club

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links