Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The sound clarity/ surround effect of the sound seems to be gone on my car's ML audio system. i can still play audio video dvds and radia satnav all seems to be working well... but the sound effect seem to have have gone ... i feel like i am listening asda's own brand stereo player.... all the sound effects appears to come from the speaker on the centre ac vents on the dasboard.... and all the other speakers just produce little effect.

i have a read a thread about the ML sub woofer or amplifier being blown.... is this something related to that ? how can i check this if everything is ok... or its just me who got tuned listening to it over a period of time ...

apparently, the car is still under warranty (Approved used) ... i hope the ML is covered under the warranty

appreciate your views and suggestion on this ... thanks in advance.....

The sound clarity/ surround effect of the sound seems to be gone on my car's ML audio system. i can still play audio video dvds and radia satnav all seems to be working well... but the sound effect seem to have have gone ... i feel like i am listening asda's own brand stereo player.... all the sound effects appears to come from the speaker on the centre ac vents on the dasboard.... and all the other speakers just produce little effect.

i have a read a thread about the ML sub woofer or amplifier being blown.... is this something related to that ? how can i check this if everything is ok... or its just me who got tuned listening to it over a period of time ...

apparently, the car is still under warranty (Approved used) ... i hope the ML is covered under the warranty

If several speakers have gone silent at the same time, it's most likely a fuse (check them first), an amp or the head unit. The new car warranty covers the audio system, of course, but for an approved used warranty, you have to check the terms.

If several speakers have gone silent at the same time, it's most likely a fuse (check them first), an amp or the head unit. The new car warranty covers the audio system, of course, but for an approved used warranty, you have to check the terms.

I checked the terms, apparently the audio system is covered.. I will have to check with dealer and get this sorted out...

thanks

Hi

may sound like a stupid thing to say, but have you checked that no one has changed the sound settings all the way to the front? i say this cause i also thought mine had blown when i only had sound coming from the front speaker, and then found out that my young nephew had been playing in the car and managed to change the settings without my knowledge lol

at least you are under warranty so they will sort out anything that is wrong.

good luck

Hi

may sound like a stupid thing to say, but have you checked that no one has changed the sound settings all the way to the front? i say this cause i also thought mine had blown when i only had sound coming from the front speaker, and then found out that my young nephew had been playing in the car and managed to change the settings without my knowledge lol

at least you are under warranty so they will sort out anything that is wrong.

good luck

Hi

I checked the settings and sound distrubution was more biased towards the rear ... to be precise the Front/Rear distrubution line is in the centre of the rear passengers seats... more over i never touched these settings... i was surprised when i was returned back to the car after work the sound is not like the way it was in the morning ...

but it doesnt look like that i can sort this out myself without paying a visit to the dealer.

i am about to book with Lexus Guildford to have this checked...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links