Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Test report on LBX

There is a test report on the LBX in the current issue of "car" magazine.

Two conclusions "The smallest ever Lexus is also the least Lexus -like,and struggles to justify the badge and the price."

"Not quick,not cheap, not special."

If that's not bad enough....Lexus says for the next few years one in three cars it sells in the UK will be the LBX......

Do they want to commit corporate suicide?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Review can also be found online, here: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/lexus/lbx-suv/

Rather amazed they expect 1 in 3 sales to come from the LBX, given its distinctly average emissions and mpg. With the 22% ZEV mandate in the UK this year, and less-than-great Lexus EV options with the poor-selling UX300e & RZ, I’d have assumed Lexus would have focused on selling as many NX and RX 450h+ plugins as the much lower co2 emission figures for those models can be “traded” for credits towards the ZEV mandate. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tickedon said:

Review can also be found online, here: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/lexus/lbx-suv/

Rather amazed they expect 1 in 3 sales to come from the LBX, given its distinctly average emissions and mpg. With the 22% ZEV mandate in the UK this year, and less-than-great Lexus EV options with the poor-selling UX300e & RZ, I’d have assumed Lexus would have focused on selling as many NX and RX 450h+ plugins as the much lower co2 emission figures for those models can be “traded” for credits towards the ZEV mandate. 

Couldn't agree more..hence my last sentence.

• Like 2

A lot of these journalists are incompetent.  That lass off Auto Social reckons the steering wheel is too masculine - wtf?

Stick to “Wind blows mans hat off”.  Of course our own little forum will be quick to criticise before they are out on the road.

• Like 2

Local test drives are now being offered throughout the coming weeks. Check with your dealer as to when they will have the car on site.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 11:50 AM, DavidCM said:

Two conclusions "The smallest ever Lexus is also the least Lexus -like,and struggles to justify the badge and the price."

The same was said when the CT launched but that went on to be a good seller, and was a stepping stone vehicle to get a new demographic into more expensive models in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I really think there is a market for the LBX and it will sell, for Lexus standards that is. Proven drivetrain, conservative in architecture and especially inside, Lexus premium. If you want a small car, premium brand, reliability, looks ,where can you go? Audi kills the Q2, Mercedes the A class, Bmw 1 series and Mini are more for the younger generation. Lexus is aiming the car at younger buyers but i see a different demographic. Affluent pensioners and 2nd or 3rd car in the household. The initial reviews have been positive  and the car seems a big step above the Toyota. I havent seen or driven it yet but it seems much more developed than the RZ electric for instance. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ken R said:

Local test drives are now being offered throughout the coming weeks. Check with your dealer as to when they will have the car on site.

I am trying one next Wednesday evening, will give my opinion after

• Like 2

Me too first week in February.

How it compares with the 2024 Yaris Cross clone will be key to its success.

Tel

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rpad said:

How was the drive and engine sound? Got something more to share about your experience?

The car has a visual presence and is accentuated by the pronounced flanks   - it is a very good looking small car.  It looks much wider than a Yaris Cross although it looks like it sits a little lower.  I actually didn’t drive it because my two mates were more serious about getting one (one ordered a Takumi in Cement Grey).  I sat in the back.  Leg room is as expected being quite tight with two six footers in the front.  It was very quiet - much quieter than the Cross and my mate who is very precise about such things said it pulled noticeably better - it certainly seemed to do with four blokes in it.  The engine was very smooth and while the 3 cylinder growl was heard once on the motorway, it was very subdued and totally acceptable.  The cabin layout is superb.  The mirrors and windows are just as silent as the larger models.  It is just altogether nice.  I will not buy one because they don’t offer ventilated seats in any model (important to my mrs) so I will keep the UX and think about the forthcoming UX300h when the time comes.

IMG_0177.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Don C said:

a Takumi in Cement Grey

Sounds nice, especially the one with a toyota GR 300bhp engine in it. But Cement grey? Whatever happened to the floral descriptions of years ago such as : "Phantom Matte Gray will set us back at another $1,200 while the Nitro Yellow is more reasonable, at $400 extra"

I thought Tombstone Grey, battleship grey, plain old grey, English weather grey, or even Roadworks Gravel grey sounded better or even sh** brown like my old Rover P6, but at least the Rover had a bile yellow vinyl roof to match.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GMB said:

Sounds nice, especially the one with a toyota GR 300bhp engine in it. But Cement grey? Whatever happened to the floral descriptions of years ago such as : "Phantom Matte Gray will set us back at another $1,200 while the Nitro Yellow is more reasonable, at $400 extra"

I thought Tombstone Grey, battleship grey, plain old grey, English weather grey, or even Roadworks Gravel grey sounded better or even sh** brown like my old Rover P6, but at least the Rover had a bile yellow vinyl roof to match.

I didn’t name it but I suppose I could think of something a little more exotic based on cement like Granny Clampet’s “Ceement Pond”.

• Haha 3

My Order is being processed & delivery is said ti be early April 2024.

Very excited.

Tel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2024 at 7:41 AM, rpad said:

Congrats! What have you ordered (style/color/options)?

As described with Grey/Black Sport Interior & Lexus Ceramic Pack.

On 1/20/2024 at 8:42 AM, Tel said:

Pre-Ordered my LBX based on my Yaris AWD experience.

Tel

Good for you Tel, I ran a Yaris Cross AWD for a few weeks last summer whilst waiting my GS to be prepped for purchase, I was surprised how much I liked it, I imagine the LBX will be even better.

• Like 2

Test drove a white version of my red car i.e. Takumi Design.

The Dealer is awaiting a Demonstrator in my actual spec which is said to be available in before March.

Sits lower than the Cross & is more refined.

Heavy traffic, rain & appalling roads surrounding the Centre spoilt the experience somewhat.

Tel

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got a call yesterday & Delivery has been moved to May.

Understand WE get a free First Service with the Car.

Tel

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links