Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 400H Lpg Conversion

I met someone the motorway filling station who had a RX 400h which was running on LPG, asked what system and how it was running. He said he had the car for 18 months and had no trouble with it but did not know what system.

Can anyone help or know of anyone who has converted to LPG the RX 400h?

Regards

Moe

I met someone the motorway filling station who had a RX 400h which was running on LPG, asked what system and how it was running. He said he had the car for 18 months and had no trouble with it but did not know what system.

Can anyone help or know of anyone who has converted to LPG the RX 400h?

Regards

Moe

Hallo,

Watch here (in Italy)

Google: lexus rx 400 h gpl klaus youtube

I have a 2004 RX 300. On 125.000 km converted to LPG with an 83 liter tank. Now on 203.000. No problems. Averages 1 liter in 6,5 km's.

It's a Dutch Vialle system. Costs: +/- 2400 euro. (No valve lube!, no problem, because I don't stress the engine a lot)

RX400h should be possible. Ask the Italian.

pjm

• 1 month later...

mine has a lpg conversion fitted it was on when i bought it recently it seems to run just the same as petrol but a lot cheaper i think its done by brc in birmingham

• 5 weeks later...

I have a Jaguar XK and had mine LPG converted in 2007, the first one in the UK.

When I told the Jaguar community they were up in arms (XKEC & JEC) but I reminded them they were probably the same naysayers about superchargers and diesels in jags :lol:

The book combined cycle was 25 but after modifications (intakes/exhaust/head/lubricant) I increased this to 39 then had it LPG converted at that time LPG was 33ppl (now 67ppl) Even so I still can managed 350 miles on a £40 fill of gas and would imagine that only supermini's could better that type of economy?

No problems 70k miles later but my children of 8 may find the rear seats a little snug in future years..hence my prospective purchase of a 400h in the next two months....which I may convert.

I've read a couple of other posts that indicate problems with LPG and the hybrid system but think they are misinformed given that I have spoken to 2 Prius owners who's cars are LPG converted without issue!! Cars with soft stems/valves can always fit the lubrication system to overcome VSR...question you have to ask yourself is:

"Will I be doing 20k miles per annum?" - if no don't consider the conversion as it's impractical.

You should not notice a drop in performance, you will if you get an engine of less than 2l converted but since you rarely use the top-end of a large engine the difference will be no more than having your air-con on full blast.

Best of all use a reputable company with a website that includes testimonials who sound knowledgeable when you speak to them....avoid the "ooooohhhh that's going to be expensive" brigade

Good luck!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links