Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300Se Reversing Aid.

I have just changed my LS400 for an RX300SE. There are only two things not working, one is the indicator light for when Drive is selected and the other is that the parking aid is not working. The indicator light I know how too get to, but the parking aid must be an after market fit as it doesn't appear in the spec or the Haynes manual. Anyone got any ideas as to where the control unit might be?

1) The gear indicator. Mine went off a while ago, possibly last year but I don't remember exactly, and I kept meaning to take it to the garage and get it fixed. It was definitely not working for a few months at least but then at some point, which I again can't be precise on, I noticed that it had somehow sorted itself out and it's lit up perfectly ever since!

2) Mine is a 2001 one and I don't believe it came with rear sensors as an option. I got a family member who's a car alarm/radio/etc installer to fit mine for me and he put the control box in the boot. If you remove the plastic covers for and around the spare wheel you'll possibly spot it around there. IIRC, mine is near the sat nab DVD unit.

Thanks m1put, Got the spare wheel out & the side panels off last weekend, but all I found was the towing electrics stuff in the n/s and the 'breaking glass sensor' in the o/s. I will get the car over the pit sometime and try to follow the wiring from the sensors.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links