Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Still Using Petrol Solved

i have found out how to sort problem with fuel gauge going down with petrol what you need to do is find the petrol sender wire under rear near side seat

i will attach a photo then you need to attach a wire from the sender wire to a switch of your choice one side with the wire from your sender attached and the other side down to earth on car with a 200 ohm resistor to other side of switch turn on ignition then push to make your switch you will see petrol fuel gauge go up to about half a tank at this point turn your switch off tank will then settle at your true fuel level reading works fine for me with no probs on my 2003 rx 300 navigator se lpg hope this helps

ps the colour of the sender wire on my rx was white with a silver band be careful because there are 2 the same colour the one you want is the thinner one

please post back and let me know how you go on

• 3 months later...

Have you got any more details, diagrams or photo's you can share? I'd like to fit the switch to my 04 RX. It seems to re-set itself if there is a suitable level of fuel in the tank but it seems that when it goes below a certain level the gauge won't reset. I've done about 300 miles since it's re-set itself. I'm pretty certain there's around a quarter tank of fuel in there, but it's not resetting any longer.

Is fixing the switch to the system an easy enough job?

Cheers

Ryan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links