Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got Winged Tonight

Got winged tonight driving home.

Good news is that the wing mirror is still intact and the up, down, left, right movement still works. Bad news is that the cover smashed off and is presumably shattered at the side of the road (it is a small road with no pavement so wasn't safe to stop and see if it survived).

The glass also shattered but I have managed to find replacement wing mirror glass on eBay. Anyone know where the best place to get a cover is?

I have looked on eBay and I can only see full mirrors for £35-50 for sale. I'm not sure I want to pay that much when it could be a different shade of blue (I'm not sure if there is many different shades)

Cheers

Ok.

You don't mention which one so here are both.

Colour is DK BLUE MC. 8N8

RH (Drivers) 87915-53010-J0

LH (Passenger) 87945-12010-J3

Based on 2001-2005 IS200 Chassis GXE10R-AEFVKQ

Cost new is around £38.00.

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to get a wing mirror on eBay that matches the paint code of my car. However when I took the cap off had three screws and on my model it doesn't appear to fit, i.e. there are no holes or groves for the screws to go in.

Have I ordered an incorrect part? I was told on eBay that it was an 03 model the same as mine.

Any ideas on what to do? Is there any point in trying to replace the wing mirror as hole unit if its a different model. Ideally I don't want to have to start messing around with the door panel and what have you

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

It turns out that the 98-01 wing mirror was completely useless. Different wiring and connector.

I managed to get a 04 wing mirror from a scrap yard near Leeds and that one is fitted so its worked out in the end. I guess I can stick the older model wing mirror on eBay.

Update:

It turns out that the 98-01 wing mirror was completely useless. Different wiring and connector.

I managed to get a 04 wing mirror from a scrap yard near Leeds and that one is fitted so its worked out in the end. I guess I can stick the older model wing mirror on ebay.

Oh yeah because on older IS the heated wing mirror is permently on and the newer 1st gens had a switch to control it. Never thought of that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links