Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Ct200 Owner From Cambs

MarkShelley

I `went hybrid` seven years ago due to the massive company car tax benefits and have had two Prius`s. I fancied a change at renewal time last December. My first choice was a Volt or Ampera as they are best from a tax point of view but unfortunately their lease costs were a joke. I thought it was a typo when I received the quotation, I then looked at the new Peugeot diesel hybrid but didn`t even test drive it after seeing it in the showroom as the interior is gaudy and the exterior is as ugly as an ugly thing. Next stop the Lexus dealership in Cambridge. Lee was very helpfull and he definately passed the product knowledge test. I often find that having researched a car I know more detail than the chap trying to sell me it, but Lee was spot on.

I have had a brief look through the forum already and it is clear that there are a few Lexus owners who believe the CT200 has diluted the brand. Having come from a Prius I have to disagree. I always viewed Lexus as the luxury arm of Toyota (which it is of course) and when you compare the CT200 to the Prius that view stands up. For little more money you get a far superior build quality. The only negatives compared to the Prius are smaller rear leg and boot room. I take on board criticism of the suspension as it probably is a bit hard, however as a driving experience as a whole the Lexus is light years ahead of the Prius which had horrendous understeer and a complete lack of feel. I don`t actually use the car a massive amount as I use my motorcycles whenever possible but so far I am enjoying Lexus ownership. Oh, I almost forgot........I went for the Solar Yellow. I had never seen one on the road but there was a youtube clip showing a road test of one in S Africa and I liked it. I did a search on the Lexus website to see if there were any to look at `in the metal` and I popped into the Stoke dealership when I was passing to check one out. It was just as good in the metal!

I still haven`t seen another on the road.They all seem to be black, white or blue.

Hello and welcome to LOC :)

Got any pics? Never seen a yellow one either and I'm seeing a lot of these recently. I'm starting to like the way they look. I have my opinion on the car, only had it for 48 hours on test drive and again for 24 hours while my car was at Lexus overnight, but as long as your happy with your car that's all that matters really isn't it? :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links