Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys so I'm currently living in Tokyo and am going to move to England in several months. Currently I'm going through the list of what I need to do to my 98 Aristo in order for it to go through MOT smoothly. Now one thing I have to do is the rear fog lamp modification...can anyone please direct me on how they accomplished this for a non-euro spec gs300/400/430? Thanks! :)

You'll need to have 1 retro fitted I believe. Which means having a separate light unit sitting under the bumper perhaps and wiring it to a switch in the cabin that's marked with the foglight symbol.

Pretty sure thats how it'll go unless someone else can think of another way?

Unless you go through the hassle of fitting uk spec rear light clusters and the wiring + light stalk ect ect! Could get pricey and complicated tho :eerrrmm:

Or you could sell your car and buy 1 over here perhaps?

You could rewire the reverse lamps so one is a fog.

If you don't want to have a seperate switch, you could link it to the front fogs. You might still need to link it to a telltale on the dashboard though.

Or you could see about getting all the UK spec parts from a breakers yard over here (including the appropriate part of the loom)

Yeah I was just planning to run a switch for it in the cabin and label it "REAR FOG" and have a universal rear fog lamp mounted to the rear bumper. Definently not going to sell the car and buy another one when I arrive lol.

I'm planning to do alot of the MOT requirements before I arrive so it's an easy process for me. Can't be any more of a pain in the ***** than the japanese JCI/Shaken.

What else needs to be done in order for it to pass a UK MOT, Didn't think there would be that much surely?

Seems about it really for a grey market car. I'm just going to update the typical maintenance stuff. Got a set of Celsior/LS400 4pot calipers to put on later

• 2 months later...

Ok well I finally got around to buying my PIAA rear fog lamp and deciding on wiring the lamp to my rear tail lights so when I turn on my headlamps at night and the rear tail lights illuminate the rear fog lamp will also be illuminated.

so my next question is...for MOT purposes is this okay with it always being on when the lights are on and not labeled? or does it need to be labeled as well? thanks for the answers for my dumb question

• 2 weeks later...

The rear fog light must only be on when there is poor visibility, think its something like less Han 100 meters.

I know that on any new vehicles the switch itself must have 'prominent' illumination when it is on.

The rear fog light must only be on when there is poor visibility, think its something like less Han 100 meters.

I know that on any new vehicles the switch itself must have 'prominent' illumination when it is on.

Gotcha...I bought a switch with an LED on it that will illuminate when the lights are turned on. I'll also label it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links