Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Choices..

alphacat

I was topping my tyres up the other day and noticed bead wear on the inside of both fronts. Obviously a tracking issue.. to late to save the tyres they had to go. The car when I bought it had two different tyres on 2 Continental and two Dunlop they were not even on the same axels. So instead of just changing the front two I went for all four. I have had the car 198 months know and I am keeping it so I wanted good tryes good in the wet and quiet. What's the point of having noisy tyres on a 430SC !! I looked on various web sites talked to some people who claim to know or have experience and chose Dunlop Sport Maxx RT they have an A wet rate an E economy (not interested in that) and only 68dB Most other tyres were 71db and the closest to this spec was Continetal 5s and they were much more expensive.

These Dunlop's advertise themselves as a better wet tyre and quieter than the Continental and it clams decreased stopping distance which is the Continentals big push. Some will know that dB is measured on algorithmic scale so although 68 dB seems close to 71db Its not close in noise power. 3dB difference is a reduction of 50% in noise.

Drove home and around the bypass (quite quickly) I am very impressed seems a great choice and the car really feels planted.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links