Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 & Audio System

Hello there!

My name is Bruce and I am new in the forum!

(here is my presentation post: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/85047-new-member-with-is200/ )

The reason of this post is to investigate a little more about the audio system.

Ive investigate this forum and also the my.is (USA) to get wiring diagrams an general info about the sound system.

The OEM head unit is faulity so I bought a Sony 1DIN Stereo.

Looking for the wiring diagrams i have the 8 speaker system and the power amplifier. I heard about the harness adaptor but I want to do it my self (mostly beacuse almost nobody en eBay ships to Argentina :msn-cry: )

So I discovered that the head unit comunicates with the audio amplifier by sending 4 audio signals with common ground (like audio RCA outputs) and also two digital signals TX+ TX- for fadding operation. and a MUTE cable

The thing is i wired my unit like i stated above (not conection the tx cables neither the mute cable) but the amp wont turn on.. or show any signs of life.

I dont understand the criteria of how this amp turns on and off. They are powered by the same fuses of the head unit so I assume it always turn on when you turn the key in ACC.

Saddly i want to use the amplifier to avoid changing the rear speakers... and i am stuck here with the amp not funcioning and a new stereo + fascia that wont work...

Can anybody help me with some advice to turn alive this old tech. and bring music to my car?

:zee:

Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards.

Bruce..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links