Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

93 Ls400 - Rear Seat Removal

I need to remove the rear seat on my 93 LS400 to remove the struts and change the springs but cannot get the base out. According to the posts I have read there should be 2 tabs which are pulled [or pushed?] to release the seat base but I can't find these on mine. I've had a really good look and felt all along the slight gap between the floor and seat base but can't feel anything like a tab. Anyone have any ideas as I am struggling. The car is standard - no power rear seat - and doesn't look to have been messed with.

Mystery solved - by the time my car was built in early 1993 Lexus had removed the release tabs. Apparently there was a concern that if the plastic caps were dislodged the sharp edges on the tabs could injure rear seat passengers so they were deleted!

The rear seat on post '92 [?] cars is removed by pulling the front edge sharply upwards. I suspect mine had never been removed before and was well and truly stuck but some help from a larger lever got it out.

Refitting is simply engaging the prongs in the nylon lined cups in the seat pan and pressing down until it clicks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links