Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Ive just found out that my Boot struts look like they are failing as its getting harder to open the boot but easier to close it i checked with lexus and they said 102 per strut i coughed surely not , not a strut

but said yes thats correct

Does any one know of a supplier that does these i have heard of SGS but they only do 1998 to 2005

Thanks in Anticipation

have used these before when i had my ls400...regassed while i waited but do a postal service aswell.....sgs engineering .strutsdirect 75 tenter rd moulton pk northampton nn3 6ax 01332 576850 sales@sgs-engineering.com

have used these before when i had my ls400...regassed while i waited but do a postal service aswell.....sgs engineering .strutsdirect 75 tenter rd moulton pk northampton nn3 6ax 01332 576850 sales@sgs-engineering.com

hope this helps....david

Thanks David

I Have looked on there site

And the numbers on my strut match theres at £36 each so ill give it a try and report if all goes well

Thanks again

Robert

Hi David

The Struts arrived from SGS but am sorry to say that they were not quite correct the part that fits on to the ball on the left side looking into boot fouled the hinge only slightly but fouled it just the same , it eventualy came off. the end looks larger than the OEM however on the right side it fitted perfectly as the hinge is slightly different why i Know not but is different

So i put the origional back on the left side and new one on right

I think maybe if i ground a bit of the fitting it will go but im unsure which way to jump

anyway thought ide let you know may help someone else

Robert

Hi David

I contacted SGS who asked to find out where it was catching the hinge and a photo if possible ,I did this and they sent me some new fittings that screwed on Exactly Like the origionals And is now working Perfect.

I dont know if they will last a long time but they have 2 yr Warrantty and cost 36 each as opposed to 103 from Lexus

Robert

hi robert

glad you got it sorted in the end...when i had my ls400 i took it to them and they removed regassed my old ones while i waited...was bout 7-8years ago and as far as i know still ok......all the best robert...regards david

• 1 year later...

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate

My Lexus boot struts did not work at all. The lid just clicked open and I had to lift the very heavy lid to open. I removed the struts. I sent them to the above company on a Monday and had them back by Friday re-gassed and costing £12-50 + vat each.

Hey presto! The lid opens fully and SGS Engineering were nice people to deal with.

Lexus quoted me £84 + vat each strut!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links