Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Modifications Do You Have (Is220D)?

Levi5387

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have KN air filter fitted and i only ever use shell vpower diesel.

i get around 35/36mpg round town driving and 47/48 on a motorway run.i would say the im getting maybe 1 mpg or so more now than before i fitted the chip.i also have a sprintbooster fitted,im fairly happy with my mpg and the car is certainly much more responsive now,hardly any turbo lag and 6th gear more useable

Ahh that's good, is it an induction kit or panel filter? I have a panel filter fitted did it last week and ive also only ever used v power for mine! That's really good! I mainly do motorway miles 60% of the time and I average 40mpg, but yeah sounds like a good investment. What's a sprint booster?

I just have the KN panel filter fitted.

The sprintbooster is a device that improves throttle responce,a good mod for the lexus .racechip also do a very similar product called response control

Looks really good that! You buy them new? If so where from and how much? Think the rotas im after were £550, Gonna get the same size as standard though as I won't be able to afford 2 sets of tyres :/

Just finished changing all my bulbs up to 10000k hids. Got a k and n panel filter and just looking now to get the 19s refurberd as the wife decided to kiss a few curbs. 😡 still probably going to look to get the tdi tuning box. Levi did you go to there workshop to get it fitted? I'll upload a video tomorrow of what the custom exhaust sounds like. Only cost about £400 and I'm sure it's actually cheaper than genuine Lexus parts.

Hi all, sorry I have been away. I bought the alloys for 100 Pre-owned, bargain. The wheels actually did not firm it up to much, it actually rolls easier over speed bumps. I need to change the 245 fronts to a smaller size, I get rubbing at a certain turning angle.

Yes ham, I went to the workshop, they fitted and customised the box to my car.

Ive just ordered 6k hids for the dipped beams as the standard halogens are awful haha, Ahh that's decent then! I'm after getting a custom exhaust with a decent looking jap backbox angled, I imagine it sounds decent to be honest as its a big engine and turbo so ahould get a good noise, how far have you gone with the system? Like just replaced the backbox or gone for a full straight through?

Because you can't remap it you can't remove the dpf. So I've gone back to there. And I've only got a small silencer in it. Well worth it. Sounds really nice. ( well I think so). The engine is quiet. Sounds raspy it's quite loud Aswel

Yes mate as long as you get canbus error free. You get a small box and some wires. You put two into the bulb plug and then hook the rest to the box. Put a hole into the plastic of the headlight cover and thread the wires through. Pretty easy. :)

Ahh right yeah, so have you removed the 2 silencers half way down the exhaust? It splits into two pipes, has 2 boxes then goes back into one? I imagined this was the cat though? Ahh thanks for the help with the hid kit I was worried about how I was gonna do it with the engine bay being so full!

I've hidden one next to the air box and the other next to the washer fluid pipe. Easy to fit. Just move the airbox to get to that side. And the washer filler pipe Aswel. Yea removed the 2 silencers. And the rear box. Got one straight pipe from the dpf then small silencer about 30cm long then single pipe to the back. So much lighter and sounds different and is a little more responsive.

Ahh right that's sound then thanks! Was wonder if Id have to take the front bumper off! Gonna fit them Saturday if they come this week, Ahh right yeah good idea! Might do that myself then! What style of backbox you got on? Got any pictures? Thanks very much

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links