Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys,

mine is a IS250SE 07 MY and its nearing 60k and 1 year since last serviced in april 2014.

as per the records, last was a FULL service which is also called Major service.

What expenses should this one incur presuming this time it will be Minor service?

any recommendations for the Lexus dealer in/around london area.

i guess they can do MOT too alongwith the service. anything else i should look at ?

what if i buy their Essential Service Plan ? Is it different service compared to going for normal service at dealership?

Are there any items excluded in Essential Service plan compared to the normal service.

i have to renew the Extended warranty too, so trying to spread the costs.

Please advise

thanks

Has it had a full Lexus main dealer service history? I would of thought last years should have been the 7 year minor service with this years a 8 year major service. Have you got any paperwork to say its already had the 6 year/60k major one done (its the expensive one)?

i bought it from a Lexus dealer last year and i was told that 60k service was already done on it. And the Service book stamp also says the same.

Yes this car has full Lexus dealer service history.

• 1 month later...

any recommendations in london area ???

this year its a minor service, 9th year service

another question, i have purchased 2 year warranty from lexus.

will it void if i get it serviced outside lexus, e.g JEM lexus which offered much lower price for service.

also any recommendations about the trusty INDYs

thanks

Given it's an 07 model, why are you so keen to pay main dealer rates? You're not getting anything extra for it.

The dealer you bought it from should be able to confirm what work was done e.g. spark plugs, but if it's already had the 60k service you're only looking at a minor service - oil & filter, a few checks etc.

yes that work was done as part of 6 year service earlier and i wanted to take the service plan of lexus to have peace of mind as i have 2 year warranty left on the car and i am planning to keep the car for next 2 years.

this year its a minor service, for sure.

Hi Sandeep,

I assume you bought your Lexus Jemca Edgware Road, I took out the extended service on mine IS200d and if I recall correctly the paper work does mention the service should be done by lexus, if something does happen it should help you in the long run. I have taken out a service plan to spread the cost mine is roughly £37.45 a month which I have to pay over 2.5 years it maybe cheaper for you as you got a petrol, also depends on the annual mileage you do.

Maybe worth getting quote from them they may also through in a free MOT if you ask.

Thanks Jay

i have bought the car from Lexus Leicester but its too far to go for service. though they offered very hefty discount on Service plan.

Finally Lexus Woodford matched it and i have paid the money(some advance + rest in EMI)

Jemca Lexus were not very helpful and offered no discount. Jemca guy suggested that this year its a MAJOR service while its minor as per Service history of car.

i have now taken 2 year service plan with 2 MOTs as i have 2 year Warranty left.

Yeah I agree customer service Edgware road service team isn't great, their sales team however 10/10 on customer service, however I have heard very good reviews for Lexus Woodford.

As your now service plan customer they can give you a courtesy car free of charge if you request one, you just need to provide both parts of your drivers license.

I was told on the phone that i would get an IS250/IS300H but got nothing of the sort got a boring CT200H, very easy car to drive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links