Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Windscreen Failure After Tinting

Evening all. Just had my rear end of the is220 tinted by a local tinting firm and the rear windscreen had to be re-done as it didn't sit properly first time. I have now noticed the rear screen doesn't demist fully. Only 3 lines across the whole screen. Cannot see any cuts on the tracks, although some lines are black and some orange (I am guessing this is where the tint was pulled off). The firm have said they will look into it but I was after finding out if anyone has had this issue before and what remedies can be applied shy of a new screen

Cheers

Hi,

That's a real pain and I feel for you and the guys that did it.

It's 99.9% certain the tint will have to come off again.

The screen heating element is possible to repair for peanuts with a "metal ink" conductive pen for a couple of quid from Maplin - it's going to be fiddly and time consuming tho... Not to mention that testing each track to find the break could be difficult!

How much of the element will come off again when the remove the tint to fix it is uncertain - it probably would be cheaper/less time to order you a new rear window under their work insurance, tint it and then fit it!

Good luck, mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links