Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tyres,wheels And A Spare Wheel

jeffreyt

put the new ' wheels 'on a few weeks ago and have just done a 200 hundred mile trip so able to get a

feel for the the difference proper ( ie non run flat ) tyres make. It was a mix of motorway and A and B roads.

They are certainly a lot quieter and the ride is smoother but not as smooth as I had expected.I suspect the problem now is the poor suspension set up on these early cars ( its an 01 model) not the tyres as bumps and potholes still seem too noticeable .

Perhaps I am being a bit too picky,overall well worth the cost and the new wheels look 100% improvement over the original 'dinner plates'.

I got the wheels quite cheap ( 100 quid ) on eBay ,they came off an old Lexus GS and were in good shape but I got them refurbed by my son ( he is now in the wheel refurb business) at family rates

and he got me the new tyres at cost price so didn't break the bank .

The space saver spare also came from eBay and was the spare from a Lexus 450 RH ,the original tyre was much too fat but I had an Audi TT space saver in the garage with a low profile 18 inch tyre and swapped them ,it fitted perfectly.The spare wheel fits into the wheel recess in the boot and does not interfere with the luggage cover being in the correct position to open the roof so really pleased with this.Being reliant on a pressure can of goo to fix a flat tyre does not appeal to me.

Also noticed after the trip was that the mpg was showing 31.5 which is the highest I've had.

• 4 weeks later...

31.5!! Nice one.

From speaking to a few owners I know the car returns better mpg with 'power' switch on. I've just changed the plugs on mine and while nowhere near 31 am getting 2mpg more on runs so averaging 26/27 now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links