Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's been posted elsewhere, but no one has posted the list of features when you:

Set headlight stalk to off

Press the Info Button (hold down)

Parking Light on/off thrice

Let go of the Info Button

This is the screen you're presented with (sometimes you get "service check" as a default, but just go to menu): sorry about the focus...my camera's on the way out...need that new Nikon D70 :winky: !

dsc027289au.jpg

As an example, you can then set up the phone mic/speaker by going into the "Handsfree Voice Quality Set" These appear to be working best with my Phone (Nokia):

dsc027293wi.jpg

dsc027309ve.jpg

You can see the status of other things too, such as Lon/Lat, Gyro sensor

The only irritating thing about the car is the Sat Nav volume. To hear madame clearly you ned to have the Volume at 10 for the CD/Radio, with her set to 7 (max). There surely has to be a way of making her louder...

This is the screen you're presented with (sometimes you get "service check" as a default, but just go to menu): sorry about the focus...my camera's on the way out...need that new Nikon D70 :winky: !

:offtopic: Nikon D70S, D70 no longer in prod. Even then I think a macro lens would help :)

Back on topic:- Can you turn madam off completely? I find I only need her for the last few minutes of any journey, although I do like to have the graphics running etc. When you've a hundred miles to go on the motorway first, I don't need telling to keep right at every slip!

I've always wanted to change some of the messages too. Must try copying the DVD and editing the voice files; think of the fun you could have. :winky:

:offtopic: Marjohn - try this out:

D70s

The D70 was replaced a year ago with the D70s - I saw one a while back - gotta have one! It's just amazing - first Digital camera with a good picture quality (IMHO), though I'm no expert...

Anyway, back on topic - you can turn madame off by through the "green menu" or I believe through "menu" button and then sound...? I think... She ranges from 0-7...

I find her volume stupendously low - she's no louder than my PDA! I bet there is a way of making her squalk a little louder...

I still haven't tried removing the clock and taking that DVD out...knowing me I'll snap the clock in half :lol:

Javeed - you can access this menu by having engine on (or ACC1), Holding down the "Info" button and with your other hand twist the headlight barrel/stalk between off and parking lights 3 times, then release the "Info". Once you've dabbled, you can switch ignition right off and back on again and the normal screen comes on...

You can re-calibrate the Satnav (I think I need to do mine as I find myself driving over buildings occasionally :crying::whistling: B) ) and do all sorts of damage...

PS - apparently there is a tool in the tool box (I haven't even opened mine yet) which allows you to remove the clock and get to the DVD. I really ought to make a backup copy...though there's little chance of anyone knicking the original...from where it is!

D70s

The D70 was replaced a year ago with the D70s - I saw one a while back - gotta have one! It's just amazing - first Digital camera with a good picture quality (IMHO), though I'm no expert...

Anyway, back on topic - you can turn madame off by through the "green menu" or I believe through "menu" button and then sound...? I think... She ranges from 0-7...

I find her volume stupendously low - she's no louder than my PDA! I bet there is a way of making her squalk a little louder...

:offtopic: The wife and I have one of each; the 70s just gives you a slightly larger preview screen. The firmware on the 70 can be updated to the 70s to fix the ( alleged! ) focus problems. We're off to give them thier first real test this weekend!

Back on topic:

As regards recal, my current ( for the next 18 hours ) SAAB had a few calibration problems when I first had it. I travelled along the M4 towards Bristol, hung a left down the M5. The NAV carried straight on into Wales :)

Worse then that, when I turned around in Cornwall to head back, it reset itself... to the middle of the English channel. My entire journey back to London was waterborn... according to the NAV system. :P :hehe:

D70s

:offtopic: The wife and I have one of each; the 70s just gives you a slightly larger preview screen. The firmware on the 70 can be updated to the 70s to fix the ( alleged! ) focus problems. We're off to give them thier first real test this weekend!

Back on topic:

As regards recal, my current ( for the next 18 hours ) SAAB had a few calibration problems when I first had it. I travelled along the M4 towards Bristol, hung a left down the M5. The NAV carried straight on into Wales :)

Worse then that, when I turned around in Cornwall to head back, it reset itself... to the middle of the English channel. My entire journey back to London was waterborn... according to the NAV system. :P :hehe:

Whats that :offtopic: 2 Nikon D70's...blimey! You must be keen...seriously though, is it worth trying get a refurbed D70 instead? Jessops down the road had one for £275!! Guranteed for 6 months! I bet it's gone... :msn-cry:

Saabs apparently were renowned for this - is it the new 93? There was a famous 'paper story about someone being routed 275 miles for a 4 mile journey...

Bet you can't wait mate - enjoy! :winky:

Whats that :offtopic: 2 Nikon D70's...blimey! You must be keen...seriously though, is it worth trying get a refurbed D70 instead? Jessops down the road had one for £275!! Guranteed for 6 months! I bet it's gone... :msn-cry:

Saabs apparently were renowned for this - is it the new 93? There was a famous 'paper story about someone being routed 275 miles for a 4 mile journey...

Bet you can't wait mate - enjoy! :winky:

:offtopic: She has a 70, I've got the 70s. We like to take pictures of each other (POV) :winky:

Really we're off to the far east... so lot's of sight seeing!

If you can get one for 275 then I'd grab it fast as that's unbelievably cheap. Is that with lenses?

NOT :offtopic:

Yeah, SAAB 9.3 Aero... Problem with mine was the Antennae, badly seated so poor ground. Fixed it myself and never had any problems since.

I think if anyone gets routed 271 miles out of thier way, they need more than a NAV system! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links