Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help tightening 2005 rx400h parking pedal brake

I've been trying to find some info on tightening the pedal parking brake on my Lexus. I've found the PDF on the site with details for the rx300 but when I got under mine there was no adjustment nuts on the same parts. 

Ive found a workshop manual for the 2007 but can only see adjustment at the pedal end. Is this right?

the pedal has good travel and feels like it's breaking slightly at the end so I'm hoping it's not a snapped or seized cable. Car was fine until the missus took it a drive with the brake on. 

Leaving it it park is still ok but with its mot coming up next month I'd need it sorted.

has anyone done it before. I've searched the site but keep finding info for the rx300 or 330

http://workshop-manuals.com/lexus/rx_400h_awd/v6-3.3l_(3mz-fe)_hybrid/brakes_and_traction_control/parking_brake_system/parking_brake_pedal/component_information/service_and_repair/page_4989/

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Chances are if the car was driven with the parking brake on the brake shoes will either need replacing or adjusting, there is very little thickness on the shoes to begin with and it can soon be worn down to the backing plates.

Wheels and drum/discs off and examine the lining thickness, if there is still enough left there is a manual adjuster wheel at the bottom.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links