Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

dashboard sticky and melting

Hi.

I have an is 220d,i´m from Portugal,and my vehicle is with sticky and melting dashboard;contact lexus Portugal headoffice that do not know about this issue;i told them about the american recall but they don´t care;what about all of us complain to lexus europe headoffice in order that they think about this ??

I´m  already complaining to europe lexus and even japan!!

Regards

Good luck all you can do is complain, never had to complain to Lexus about anything but it seems strange for them not to resolve an issue if you have complained to Lexus Portugal!

Steady steady steady. Carlos when you post a thread can you hit the Submit key just once other wise it will post the number of times you hit the Submit button. Many thanks.

I've noticed that car owners living in warm climates use foil reflectors on the dash board to reflect the sun's rays from toasting everything ....did you ever use such a device?

Clearly the oils in the plastic/vinyl have broken down as a result of UV and IR rays...shouldn't happen but if your car has been exposed unprotected for 10+ years maybe I'm not too surprised.  You're  a victim of "Sods Law" if it can happen it will.  I wish you luck but I can't see it being rectified by Lexus.   My only gripe with Lexus is the alloys...ATROCIOUS...each to their own.  Your post does stand as a warning to others in hot sunny climates...take whatever precautions you can.

2 minutes ago, VrmmVrmm said:

Your post does stand as a warning to others in hot sunny climates...take whatever precautions you can.

Think my dash is very safe living in the Lake District!

• Like 1

On 2017-6-7 at 1:25 PM, dougie175 said:

Good luck all you can do is complain, never had to complain to Lexus about anything but it seems strange for them not to resolve an issue if you have complained to Lexus Portugal!

So far,also never had to complain to lexus about anything...:however,in all service maintenance,i told  the dealer about this issue...it was never taken serious...

On 2017-6-7 at 3:54 PM, VrmmVrmm said:

I've noticed that car owners living in warm climates use foil reflectors on the dash board to reflect the sun's rays from toasting everything ....did you ever use such a device?

Clearly the oils in the plastic/vinyl have broken down as a result of UV and IR rays...shouldn't happen but if your car has been exposed unprotected for 10+ years maybe I'm not too surprised.  You're  a victim of "Sods Law" if it can happen it will.  I wish you luck but I can't see it being rectified by Lexus.   My only gripe with Lexus is the alloys...ATROCIOUS...each to their own.  Your post does stand as a warning to others in hot sunny climates...take whatever precautions you can.

Use foil reflectors? Never had...and i suppose it´s strange have to use it because the dashboard should resist to the different climates...

11 hours ago, xs4all said:

Use foil reflectors? Never had...and i suppose it´s strange have to use it because the dashboard should resist to the different climates...

Yes but reading my post you will note I included the phrase "Sods Law"...if it can it will...IT DID!...Many people proactively maintain their vehicles, that is the very meaning of "maintaining"...ie tyres shouldn't lose pressure but they do...even though no evident puncture.  Your car model was pretested before it's production and release but that lasted maybe 18 months ...your car is 6x older than that so as per Sods Law things crop up that weren't expected.  In any event I was only pointing out what others living in warm climates do, I don't live in such a climate and never used the foil reflector either....BUT...I fully understand why you would need to or consider it, temperatures in a car where the ambient temp outside is 33-36 C regularly would be sufficient to melt anything you'd be very surprised to find that the inside temp may rise to twice that....and that is two thirds of the way to boiling point.

35 minutes ago, VrmmVrmm said:

Yes but reading my post you will note I included the phrase "Sods Law"...if it can it will...IT DID!...Many people proactively maintain their vehicles, that is the very meaning of "maintaining"...ie tyres shouldn't lose pressure but they do...even though no evident puncture.  Your car model was pretested before it's production and release but that lasted maybe 18 months ...your car is 6x older than that so as per Sods Law things crop up that weren't expected.  In any event I was only pointing out what others living in warm climates do, I don't live in such a climate and never used the foil reflector either....BUT...I fully understand why you would need to or consider it, temperatures in a car where the ambient temp outside is 33-36 C regularly would be sufficient to melt anything you'd be very surprised to find that the inside temp may rise to twice that....and that is two thirds of the way to boiling point.

If it is like what you said,dealer or the brand,should recommend the use of foil reflector;anyway,i had other cars in my live and never experiencied this!!

Ask yourself this...would it help?  ....I'm only trying to help!!  

You post a topic wondering what happened.... a few of us take the time to reply and offer suggestions, I'm not telling you what to do.... I'm telling you what I would and others do.

49 minutes ago, VrmmVrmm said:

Ask yourself this...would it help?  ....I'm only trying to help!!  

You post a topic wondering what happened.... a few of us take the time to reply and offer suggestions, I'm not telling you what to do.... I'm telling you what I would and others do.

Thank you for your time

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links