Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sportcross , How Many Sold ?

a month in & still all good with the X , been asked a few times if car is import ( which it isn,t)

most folks have never even seen one & i know they are a rare breed ,

just wondered if any figures on how many were sold in uk ?

a month in & still all good with the X , been asked a few times if car is import ( which it isn,t)

My guess would be not many, seeing as I've only ever seen about 5 on the roads...........seems to be confirmed by howmanyleft.co.uk which suggests roughly 700 of each 200 and 300 sportcross exist currently.

My guess would be not many, seeing as I've only ever seen about 5 on the roads...........seems to be confirmed by howmanyleft.co.uk which suggests roughly 700 of each 200 and 300 sportcross exist currently.

The Sportcross came out at a time when Estates had become deeply unfashionable - nevertheless, there was still a core of people who saw the advantages to them over people-carriers or MPVs, particularly in the US. But car-maker's marketing people in an effort to make Estates seem cool, decided to give them new, silly & meaningless names, so potential buyers browsing through their offerings found things like "Touring" for BMW & "Sportcross" for Lexus and didn't realise they were estates! Why would they? So they went on and got a Volvo or maybe even a Ford or Peugot. A good case where marketing people allowed their own way shot themselves in the foot and wrecked their own niche market. Hence the rarity of Lexus or BMW etc. estates.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links