Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many Wires?

Gozza

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but couldn't find the answer, How many wires should there be going into the larger of the 2 plugs that fit into the back of the original stereo/ Headunit? I have an aftermarket stereo fitted at the moment ( bought it like that) But want to fit the original back in, I have found and disconnected the amp bypass cable and reconnected it to the amp, But I am still not getting any display on the radio although the cd sounds like it is powered, I only have two wires going to the larger plug but the smaller is fully populated.

Thanks in advance, Sorry it's so long :)

Yep that's correct. The 'CD changer' socket will have just two wires in it. These are the data bus connections to instruct the amp to raise and lower the volume etc.

The other plug is everything else such as power etc and will be a busy plug.

When removing the bypass cable the original cable will need connecting back up to the amp which is awkward to get to I believe.

Thanks sjrainsford,

Yeah I connected the amp back up, but it does look like the radio part is knackered then, I didn't know the servicability of the original stereo as I got it with the car when I bought it, Got to decide whether to buy another original or to upgrade now then, will either type of original stereo fit in or does it have to be specific?

it is specific ... the connector for the old models is smaller but if your tapedeck is at the bottom you more then likely have the model with the larger connector

Not in the midlands are you? You'd have been welcome to try my stereo to see if your stuff works. The larger AVC Lan connector is on earlier cars, the smaller one featured on later Toyota/Lexus models. Not sure of the Lexus cut off year as it varied from model to model.

You should have plenty of choice of stereos especially if you don't need the disk changer like myself and instead intend on connecting an iPod or SD card reader or whatever. There should be quite a few around with failed disk changers.

Hi, thanks for the replies, I've got a 13902 with the tape at the top and cd at the bottom, the plugs seem to fit it correctly so assume its the right one :unsure: Thanks for the offer SJ but I'm down on the hampshire / Wiltshire border near Andover, I might just see about getting a screen/ dvd headunit to go in there instead, Just have to see if I can get it past the mrs lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links