Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After Nearly 8 Years Of Is200 Ownership Im Off To The Dark Sidei

Been around here since early 2007 and have just traded the IS200 in for a BMW 1 series coupe 135i.....sorry :whistling:

Always wanted an IS250 but the cars on sale at the Lexus dealers I visited were in a right mess, im not being funny but In one instance I was the only customer on successive days over 4 hours in two Lexus dealerships they were like morgues. They simply didnt want my IS200 in part ex, they didnt really want to sell me a used IS250....but they were hell bent on selling me a IS300h on finance.... :(

Totally different experience at several BMW dealerships, better part ex offers, free servicing, all sorts of incentives, just the whole vibe of the dealerships were different including the condition of their used stock.

Putting dealerships aside i went on to compare numerous vehicles, driving the IS250 and 300h back to back with BMW counterparts...im sorry but Lex aint cutting it anymore and im probably not alone in thinking the IS200 /300 was one of a kind never to be repeated.

That aside, ive kind of enjoyed the ride and someone will get an auction bargain. Needless to say the 135i also has a straight six , different beast however and we will see how it pans out. I dont expect the same reliability over the next few years but might have some fun in the process .

It's a tough decision as the 200 gets older what would you go for. I am not a fan of the 250/220d and the latest version is still way expensive and automatic. I couldn't buy something just on reliability it would have to be fun too but hopefully that decision is a few years off yet!

It is a shame they don't do a petrol IS250 manual ,then we could fit short shifters etc,why can bmw make a good manual gearbox and Lexus can't ,the discovery of perfection but can't get a good gearbox to work hmm ,imagine the isf with a manual ,it would be unreal .

• Like 1

A slightly different kettle of fish but I have done it the other way around, selling my 330i and buying an is200 about a month ago, the reason being the frequency and cost of repairs to the bmw, the final straw being the diff mountings deciding they did not like there mounting points anymore and tearing out of the floor (not an uncommon occurance). Yes I miss the power of the beemer but handling wise the lexus is more than a match for it, From what I can see so far in my opinion the build quality of the Lexus is superior as well, I suppose I should add I am 67 years old, so not a " boy racer",lol.

It is a shame they don't do a petrol IS250 manual ,then we could fit short shifters etc,why can bmw make a good manual gearbox and Lexus can't ,the discovery of perfection but can't get a good gearbox to work hmm ,imagine the isf with a manual ,it would be unreal .

IS250 does come in petrol manual

A slightly different kettle of fish but I have done it the other way around, selling my 330i and buying an is200 about a month ago, the reason being the frequency and cost of repairs to the bmw, the final straw being the diff mountings deciding they did not like there mounting points anymore and tearing out of the floor (not an uncommon occurance). Yes I miss the power of the beemer but handling wise the lexus is more than a match for it, From what I can see so far in my opinion the build quality of the Lexus is superior as well, I suppose I should add I am 67 years old, so not a " boy racer",lol.

Funnily enough, everyone in work gives me grief for mine. I put a straw hat on the parcel shelf to complete the effect.

Isnt the VED over £400 for the manual ?

Isnt the VED over £400 for the manual ?

On the very early 55 plate manual 250 no it's £280ish. But every manual 250 after 06 plates yes. I think it's £470 or something ridiculous

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links