Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking Into Buying Few Questions, Has Read First Thread About Buying

All,

I am looking at buying a 02ish IS200 (manual) for daily commute of 30miles to work.

I have read the thread in this forum about useful guides before buying one and still have some questions. Hope someone can help...

I am looking into IS because I have owned an RX300 second Gen in the last 3 years and I love the comfort and space. And reliability of course.

Questions:

• Fuel economy, what sort of mileage you get from a tank (manual not auto)? average mpg on a 40mph to 60mph combi road for 16miles?
  • Insurance category, what people generally pay? I have a full UK license with 8 years no claim.
  • Road Tax band. How much do you pay a year?
  • the front lower arm bush issue that have been mentioned quiet a few times in the buying guide post, what are general garage cost to replace them?
  • Cost to replace timing belt and water pump?
  • For IS in the 100k miles region, are we expected the clutch to have been replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Economy: approx 30-32mpg (70 mile round trip combination of A roads/Motorway/B roads) - I get about 400 - 430 miles per tank...

Insurance: approx £300

Road Tax: Band K - £285 (ouch)

Clutch: Depends on how it's been driven, but if it's been looked after, I'd say no...

Not sure about the rest...

Economy: approx 30-32mpg (70 mile round trip combination of A roads/Motorway/B roads) - I get about 400 - 430 miles per tank...

Clutch: Depends on how it's been driven, but if it's been looked after, I'd say no...

Not sure about the rest...

Thanks for the infor...

What is the tank size of an IS? in Gallon?

Cheers.

Not sure about the rest...[/quot

400 miles per tank is really good. Is this what everyone is getting normally?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links