Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just A Heads Up For The Wheel Arches In 3rx

So Ive always had a knack for cleaning my cars - some may call it OCD but I like my arches nice and black too!

Now my 2012 RX450h F-Sport is the first car Ive had with felt lined all over the rear arches and 3/4 of the front arches. Being myself, I used to "try" and clean them with a cheap bog standard brush (literally) and some car shampoo but it still left them muddy.

Well, today I was shampoo-ing my mats with 1001 Carpet shampoo (got it for like £2). Had the brilliant idea of spraying it 1:5 in the arches and blasting it with a pressure washer!

Well it worked! Didnt even need to scrub, took all the mud and dirt off in one go! Worth doing if you're like me and dont like muddy arches. Only takes 2 mins too!

• Like 1

Great job Rayaans, no point in half a job, might as well go the whole hog if you are cleaning the beast!

Yup! It was filthy - im going to blame the weather and not my laziness lol. The carpet shampoo is well worth a try! works very well. Id say the arches are the worst when it comes to dirt, everything just sticks to the felt!

I assume the felt helps to further reduce road and wind noise?

Yep its the sound deadening material under the arches. Oddly enough, there's some in pieces underneath the car as well.

It was a pain to clean and I could never get it completely spotless. However, plastic appears to be worse now that I have this method at disposal - I find the plastics really hard to dress and you have to make sure the product is right, otherwise leaves stick to it lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links