Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Sat Nav Generations

All,

I have been struggling to get a handle on Lexus Sat nav versions as there is a lot of conflicting advice.

so most forums suggest Gen 1 hard disk version Gen 2/3 which seem to work with the same disk and then the rest, well this is not correct.

hard disk version on the LS400

CD version on the LS400 and GS pre-2000

Gen 00 GS and LS DVD post 2000 till 2001

Gen 01

Gen 02

Gen 03 etc

this is why I cannot find a update on my Sat Nav, I have a GEN 00 so it need a copy of this:

PZ445-L00EU-07 or PZ445-L00EU-09

The PZ445 is just some code, L00 is the version GEN 00 and it is EU not US and the update of 2007 and 2009.

if any one has a copy of the above lets talk :)

Hi John sadly I think they stopped making updated discs for the generation 00 sat navs(cd rom based) a while ago and the same will be happening to the generation 01 too soon if not already,hopefully you might be lucky to find someone who has one or one might pop up on the bay

Chaps,

For complete clarity as I have done a lot of research on this, here in Europe we use don't use Denso Sat Navigation so we are different to the States.

So the first disc based system is called Gen CD, this is the one with the smaller size screen, early Gen2 GS 300 and Gen 1 LS400.

Then in 2000 they added the bigger screen and used the DVD, this was GEN 00 this lasted a year or so then they did Gen 01, which is not compatible with Gen 00.

Then it was Gen 2/3 which are compatible.

why am a saying this, if you have a Gen 00 update disks are hard if impossible to find, you can buy new, but it would only be up to 2009, to know you have Gen 00 you disk will NOT have 9 circles of any colour.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links