Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back in SC430 ownership.

Bob King

Have been looking in from the sidelines at you guys owning SC430’s, and it was always on the cards that I would buy another when the time was right.

Have been studying all the SC’s for sale this year, and getting an idea on what sell and what doesn’t.  The window to buy a facelift model with lower road-tax gets smaller all the time, so decided to go with a later model if the price was right.

Picked up a mid 2007 yesterday in Windsor blue with Rutland interior, 59k on the clock, some history but with a few jobs to do 👍🏻

IMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bob King said:

Have been looking in from the sidelines at you guys owning SC430’s, and it was always on the cards that I would buy another when the time was right.

Have been studying all the SC’s for sale this year, and getting an idea on what sell and what doesn’t.  The window to buy a facelift model with lower road-tax gets smaller all the time, so decided to go with a later model if the price was right.

Picked up a mid 2007 yesterday in Windsor blue with Rutland interior, 59k on the clock, some history but with a few jobs to do 👍🏻

IMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

Congratulations, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

• Like 2

Man with good taste ! Glad you are onboard. I like that colourway of Blue/Ecru. Would have liked it myself, but was not sure I would get it in the same condition that I did end up buying. Like you I could see very few around that ticked all my boxes so I settled for the one that ticked the majority of them.

Can't tell if it's a trick of the light or not, but does she have a bit of a scrape on the rear wheel arch and underside of the rear bumper ?

16 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Man with good taste ! Glad you are onboard. I like that colourway of Blue/Ecru. Would have liked it myself, but was not sure I would get it in the same condition that I did end up buying. Like you I could see very few around that ticked all my boxes so I settled for the one that ticked the majority of them.

Can't tell if it's a trick of the light or not, but does she have a bit of a scrape on the rear wheel arch and underside of the rear bumper ?

Trick of the light 👍🏻

IMG_5929.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh no the Lexus police are back on duty with a new squad car.

Good to have you back Bob.  It looks a nice example.

I assume it's clean underneath, what needs to be done before the next show?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neil E said:

Oh no the Lexus police are back on duty with a new squad car.

Good to have you back Bob.  It looks a nice example.

I assume it's clean underneath, what needs to be done before the next show?

Very good order underneath Neil 👍🏻
it’s not a minter so will need a little love.

It went into Lexus in 2021 and came out with a 4K bill !

Rear reluctor ring done by replacing the whole driveshafts x 2 😳

rear shock absorber .

Plus brakes all round and front lower ball joints,so that all most of the suspect stuff done.

I’ve got Error 4 on the `CD so will remove and strip that down (do you still have your old unit if I need a plan B ? )😉

Scuff low on the n/s sill..need to be on the floor to see it..like I was !

could all be jobs for next spring 👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob King said:

rear shock absorber .

Plus brakes all round and front lower ball joints,so that all most of the suspect stuff done.

I’ve got Error 4 on the `CD so will remove and strip that down (do you still have your old unit if I need a plan B ? )😉

with a 4K bill ! Rear reluctor ring"

Glad I can still get mine done on the NHS. 😏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Bob King said:

rear shock absorber .

Ah yes I've seen that bill for the reluctor rings. Just didn't join the dots.🤣

Go gently with the error 4 as I don't think I have the old head unit, it could be mislaid in the depths of the big shed but I think it was the only item stolen from the garage a little while ago. I do have a spare double din Alpine HU (no good to you) .....and half an original 2006 SC430 in the normal shade of grey. 🤣 

Paint to the sill in that colour should be easy enough. 

Bits of the interior appear to need some unclebob rejuvenating treatment but the leather seats looks pretty good in the pics. The grubby seatbelts are always a pain and the speaker grills just gather dirt. I didn't bother trying to restore them I just bought new. I think they were £180 for all 4. Beige mats no longer available but the speaker covers were.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 9:08 AM, Bob King said:

IMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg

IMG_8780.jpeg

Hi Bob, I was browsing Facebook and I think I came across your new purchase. You certainly picked up a bargain unless I was looking at a scam clone advert. Well done if’s the same car you did well. I paid nearly that for just my wheels and tyres!

2 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Hi Bob, I was browsing Facebook and I think I came across your new purchase. You certainly picked up a bargain unless I was looking at a scam clone advert. Well done if’s the same car you did well. I paid nearly that for just my wheels and tyres!

Just realised it is a scam as I have seen the same car in 4 different adverts in 4 different parts of the country. What a rubbish thing Facebook can be.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Battery is on charge already …very little space in the engine bay for the device .

IMG_8811.jpeg

I ran my leads down to the bottom of the front bumper. I just tuck it into one of the slots under bumper when not in use. That way I can connect the CTEK charger without lifting the bonnet. This is handy as I am finding I need to top up the Battery every week for a few hours to keep it fully charged. At the moment the CTEK seems to behaving itself otherwise I will have to buy a NOCO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Love and cherish her but for heavens sake use her just as much as you can …….

Malc 

Rest assured Malc, that SC430 is a very lucky car. 🤣

• Like 1

Taxed the SC at the start of November , despite the poor weather I just had to go out in it.

Takes me back 4 years since my last one , total silence on one extreme and a beautiful sounding sound system on the other .

I’ve missed the performance have been driving a 2.0 RAV4…got a few photos between the showers .

IMG_8911.jpeg

IMG_8903.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

Taxed the SC at the start of November , despite the poor weather I just had to go out in it.

Takes me back 4 years since my last one , total silence on one extreme and a beautiful sounding sound system on the other .

I’ve missed the performance have been driving a 2.0 RAV4…got a few photos between the showers .

IMG_8911.jpeg

IMG_8903.jpeg

Very pleased for you. It's a truly lovely feeling to be behind the wheel. Hope it does well for you. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links