Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 Toyota Celsior Diagnostic Tool

To find a working diagnostic scanner is quite the challenge.

Being a JDM car it doesn't use the OBD2 protocol like US and European cars. It uses J-OBD or M-OBD Toyota S2000 protocol.

I have been reading online and have downloaded a few android apps from which was claimed they would work on JDM cars.

One of them is Torque Pro. I read on a forum that someone had it working on his JDM 2JZ VVTi by adding a protocol to the app. Unfortunately this did not work with the Celsior.

I have been able to use the TCCS method. Which is on-board diagnostics by bridging pin Tc and E1 from the diag port in the engine bay. This gave me code 21. The issue is that code 21 translates to 3 different OBD2 codes, namely

P0130

P0135

P0141

These are all pretty much o2 sensor related, but after reading a bit more I stumbled upon a post from Benfur on here stating that his P0135 issue was resolved by replacing the Coolant Temp sensor. (New temp sensor on order).

I have used a few professional diagnostic tools from local garages and an ECU company. None of them are able to connect to the ECU.

I have also read on a different forum that someone was able to use Toyota TIS Techstream on is Celsior by changing the area to Japan and manually select the JDM 1UZ-FE.

I'm hoping anyone with the Techstream software can verify this for me.

My CEL comes on after 15 minutes of driving and causes lumpy/jumpy idle and I'm quite sick of it :)

Rudy

One of the symptoms of a failing cooling fluid temperature sensor is the car runs at start up revs for up to and beyond ten minutes.This is normally 1200 revs and usually drops down to the 650 tick over that is the LS400 idle setting after 3 to 4 minutes depending on the ambient outside temperature.

I found on my Mark 1 that the factory setting reappeared on installation of a new Lexus oem sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links