Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h battery help

Hi Guys,

Need your must needed input again, I've had my RX400h for 6 months now with no issues, about 3 months ago i had an issue with the 12v Battery where it wasn't holding charge. I replaced this with a new Battery from a specalist who said it was nackered (original battery). I had no further issues until i went on holiday for 2 weeks and it was dead upon my return, the AA came out and jump started it, happy days and started again. The following day the same happened, I wasn't impressed to say the least. I called Lexus to explain who asked me to bring it in, luckily I got an extended warrenty and thats coving it so far. The main issue is i think there i little stumped to where the Battery drain is coming from, I'm happy in the RX450h F Sport they've given me but i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar issue?

Thanks

Howard

You might just have bad luck with both batteries. I've bought two Excite batteries, first to my Chevy Van. That lasted one camshaft break-in and driving from garage to street to reverse vehicle inside garage and two years standing - listening music and recharging regularly.

Second is, again, Excite for RX400h, that lasted about half year and stopped charging to full. It was diagnosed to have one collapsed cell and replaced by warranty.

I'm guessing Van's Excite suffered even more massive collapsing. RX Battery is running strong now over half years so all is good eventually.

These were normal batteries, not AGM. Next batteries will be AGM or Li-Ion.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links