Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 hours ago, Malc said:

yes .............. to put it simply

certain Ls400 s have air but very few in the UK

The Ls 430 always has air ( I presume, but then again I think I read somewhere that a very few don't !  ) and whilst  air struts have much longevity a replacement corner from Lexus / Toyota is about £1000 a corner plus fitting :unsure:  and quite enough to upset one's budgeting maybe

whichever you choose, and for heaven's sake you MUST choose one, or maybe two :wink3:  you should remember that these are now very old cars in car technology terms and resemble the ancient  " mores " of old with sublime comfort and grace when motoring .......... and the very best of old technology with resilient comfort, reliability and quality of presence

Malc

I thought as such as I have often snooped around for a modern air suspension kit for a show car but never got round to it. 

I will definitely get out there and test drive a few of each model to see what's what when the time comes. 

5 hours ago, The-Acre said:

A very good point, and one that we've discussed before. To buy what was an expensive limo and not expect to dig deep sometimes is just dreaming. I concede that a "good" LS400 comes as close as it gets but it's not a foregone conclusion.  

Yeah these are fair points, I always say the same thing when someone I know says "I might get a bentley Continental, they're looking like great value"... the upkeep is that of a £100,000 car, not £25,000 etc. 

I think going for an LS400 first may be a good idea and then after that, an LS430 or 460 etc if I like it? It seems that is the case for a fair few of the Lexus owners in here? It's not like it's a fully permanent decision, you can always sell and trade up or down

28 minutes ago, FarhanZ said:

Yeah these are fair points, I always say the same thing when someone I know says "I might get a bentley continental, they're looking like great value"... the upkeep is that of a £100,000 car, not £25,000 etc. 

I think going for an LS400 first may be a good idea and then after that, an LS430 or 460 etc if I like it? It seems that is the case for a fair few of the Lexus owners in here? It's not like it's a fully permanent decision, you can always sell and trade up or down

As has been suggested, try both.  There are plenty of LS430's out there for sale, less 400's but still a few.  You could even try a GS300, I had one for a while, took it on a 2.5k road trip, very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

As has been suggested, try both.  There are plenty of LS430's out there for sale, less 400's but still a few.  You could even try a GS300, I had one for a while, took it on a 2.5k road trip, very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. 

Yeah I definitely will do! Haven't really looked the the GS range but will have a look

7 hours ago, Greer said:

My personal preference is to have a nice car which reliably gets me from A to B, maybe with a detour to C, the LS 400 does that, based on others posts >on here< over time the LS430 will not reliably do that without very expensive probs & maybe major inconvenience occurring, good luck in your quest!

Yeah, the more toys on the car, the more likely it is for something to go wrong I suppose...

• Like 1

I think both the LS 400 and LS 430 are lovely cars. I got a beautiful LS 400 with 80000 miles on  it (now only 83000) and had the car dinitroled, the only problem area is the inner wheel arches, which I only discovered last week. I am having them professionally sorted, which involves, rust removal and then plating and  welding, painting/rust proofing and then job done. This car is worth this expensive work being done as its sills, floorpan and other areas bar the inner wheel arches are mega solid. I would have advertised her this week as I have another dream car in my sights but will not sell until I get the car in a position that I would be happy to buy same.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links