Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

I finally managed to secure a nice 2012 GS250 and I would like to look after it

I have offstreet parking but no garage -- was thinking of getting a car cover for it

Good idea / bad idea?  Guessing the damp over time would turn it into a moldfest - but set me straight

Cheers

A breathable one (critical) works well - I used to keep my MX-5 under one (it's now in a garage).

But it's a big wet thing to put somewhere when you take it off.

Sent from my PSP7551DUO using Tapatalk

I paid someone to fix a leaking sunroof, they didn't. As we've been shielding (for a long time) it's not been possible to get it fixed so bought a breathable cover from amazon. Inexpensive with a cotton lining, it does what it says on the tin 🙂

3 hours ago, IanA2 said:

I paid someone to fix a leaking sunroof, they didn't. As we've been shielding (for a long time) it's not been possible to get it fixed so bought a breathable cover from Amazon. Inexpensive with a cotton lining, it does what it says on the tin 🙂

how cheap is cheap?  I used the google and everything was 100gbp+

This is the one I bought: 

AmazonBasics Silver Weatherproof Car Cover - PEVA with Cotton, Sedans up to 430 cm £27.83

Price has been reduced, I paid £36.74 earlier this year (I can never sus Amazon's pricing). It does the job and is fairly well made.

Fits my Y2K GS430 well.

hth.

33 minutes ago, IanA2 said:

This is the one I bought: 

AmazonBasics Silver Weatherproof Car Cover - PEVA with Cotton, Sedans up to 430 cm £27.83

Price has been reduced, I paid £36.74 earlier this year (I can never sus Amazon's pricing). It does the job and is fairly well made.

Fits my Y2K GS430 well.

hth.

Thanks Ian!

I got this one for my GS F

Dripex Car Cover

It fits perfectly, has straps front, middle and rear with plastic buckles and even has a zip on the driver's side to allow access without having to remove the whole cover (just have to unclip the middle strap)

I only ever use it when the car is clean, though. Otherwise I would be putting a cover on a dirty car and the dirt trapped would scratch the paint with the slight movement caused in breezes or wind.

I got a breathable cover for mine due to my parking spot been under a tree. 

Damm birds!

While it does help, if the cover itself gets dirty/badly shat on, then it rains heavily, the crap gets forced through the cover
and spreads out over the car. Not a major problem but annoying when you take your cover off.

Agree with Phil car has to be clean as any dirt on the car can act as an abrasive if rubbed when putting on the cover, especially with Lexus soft paint. I use one on my TT convertible over the winter and make sure the car is perfectly clean before hand. but would not recommend one for daily use

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links