Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300 2005 Mk3 'Check VSC' - help to understand Techstream readings

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, BristolBrian said:

Just an update in case anyone finds this later - I've now done a couple of slightly longer trips, up to about an hour including motorway and accelerating hard up to motorway speed and the light has stayed off. Fingers crossed it was a blip, but I'll get the garage to double check the exhaust for leaks when the MoT comes up in Feb. Thanks for the help, particularly Lwerewolf.

Well, no re-occurrence of the light since then and frankly, I had forgotten all about it when I took it into the garage for a service and MoT this morning. Two hours later I get a phone call telling me it's failed its MoT for a hole in the exhaust! Mystery solved, I think.

• 1 month later...

Good to hear it was the exhaust. I got a P0138 fault code (Check VSC lights) but my ECU seems to have dementia as it seems the Check VCS warning has gone . I thought these lights were triggered by what was registered in the ECU. After humid days or rain, the fault comes up again. Already checked once at the Toyota dealership quickly but it doesn't seems to be the Labda sensor, as it still sending values/pulse. I do have the first of the batch Mk3 GS300's which was told me the ECU of them have some narrower massure/thresholds on the exhaust values.

At next service run/MoT I'll let them check the exhaust system.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links