Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

450h+ - What does "Apps" refer to in the Multimedia source list?

When I go into the Music screens on my NX450h+ I get the "Sources" option in the bottom left corner.  When selecting this I see all items I would expect such as DAB, Phone, Bluetooth, USB etc but I also see an "Apps" option that is greyed out.  Any idea what this is?  Wondering if its a hangup from the American market where the car has Internet Radio.  Help!

50 minutes ago, Marc Jolly said:

When I go into the Music screens on my NX450h+ I get the "Sources" option in the bottom left corner.  When selecting this I see all items I would expect such as DAB, Phone, Bluetooth, USB etc but I also see an "Apps" option that is greyed out.  Any idea what this is?  Wondering if its a hangup from the American market where the car has Internet Radio.  Help!

The Updated 2022 Lexus NX Part 2 - Deep Dive Tutorial at 56:40 minutes might give a clue. I think you would need to have linked and subscribed to services such as apple music or amazon music before you would see options that weren't greyed out. I don't 'do' this sort of thing but hopefully you will get some clues from the YouTube video.

@Marc @Harrier,  I was looking at this myself earlier today.  A reference can also be found on the Lexus UK Website @ https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/multimedia   Looks like these apps can be accessed directly through the Infotainment system on the NX via compatible Android Auto or apple Car Play devices connected to the vehicle. 

image.thumb.png.f6aa3192387dad1c7eec5e7c8af938f5.png

Cant wait to get my NX450H+ to check out all these options.  I think it will take me years to figure it out,  hence my curiosity now.  

Bring back the AUDIO  Cassette Player.   Forward, Rewind, PLAY, Stop and Eject plus Volume (or Bass and Trebble if you were rich and could afford the upgrade)  =  'EASY'       No Menus, No OTA, No Factory Reset, no subscriptions. The only three tools need was a head cleaner  cassette, pencil to re-wind / re-spool the tape when it unwound itself and an epic size box to store your in-car collection if you did not have the fancy pop up cassette holder built in.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links